- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Other Location: Asia Pacific
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17008474
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of clients that could include banks, insurance companies, broker-dealers, and fund managers.
- Originate new business across Citigroup's Financial Institutions client base including Equity and Debt Capital Markets, Derivatives, Structured Products, Foreign Exchange, Cash Management, Securities and Funds Services and Trade, closely coordinating with product partners across the institutional client group platform.
- Provide value added insight and services to key client relationships, developing a trusted advisor relationship with key client seniors while also accessing various buying centers within each client to fully deliver the Citigroup product platform to the portfolio.
- Prudently manage credit risk within the team's portfolio, maintaining a close relationship with Senior Credit Officers within Financial Institutions Risk Management in Asia.
- Maintain a high KYC and Customer Due Diligence standard across the portfolio consistent with the bank's KYC, CADD and AML policies and regulatory expectations.
- Work closely with product partners, FI peers across the region and the global network of Parent and Subsidiary Account Managers within the Global FIG franchise.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with relationship and/or product management skills gained in the Financial Industry, ideally with direct experience managing Financial Institution relationships.
- Existing senior level relationships within the Singapore financial services market place both horizontally and vertically (e.g. Treasurer, CFO, COO, CRO and CEO) would be preferred but not necessarily required.
- Ability to work effectively across functional teams and within a matrix organization.
- Ability to manage multi-product relationships with local, regional and global financial institution customers active within Singapore
- Thorough knowledge of financial products used by financial institutions including capital markets/corporate finance, derivatives, cash management, securities services, trade finance and correspondent banking.
- With respect to DCM products, thorough understanding of hybrid debt capital instruments for banks and insurance companies and their treatment by rating agencies and regulators.
- Substantial experience in risk management and financial institution credit assessments.
- Up to date with respect to important industry trends including Basel III, changes in accounting standards, Risk Based Capital/Solvency II for insurers, etc.
- Analytical, with the ability to spot market trends and clearly articulate opportunities and where appropriate lead innovation initiatives to meet client needs, again closely coordinating with product partners.
- Excellent team, communication and presentation skills.