Acacia Network is a progressive non-profit organization servicing communities across New York State. Its mission is to partner with communities, lead change, and promote healthy and prosperous individuals and families. Acacia Network offers an array of community-based services, including Primary Care, Behavioral Health, Housing, and Education.
Acacia Network is currently seeking Licensed Social Workers to join the Transitional Housing Team as Client Care Coordinators.
With the guidance of the Department of Homeless Services and the ThriveNYC initiatives, the Client Care Coordinator will work in a shelter to assist families cope with the stressors and anxiety induced by homelessness.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Complete comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment with each family to understand strengths and services needs
- Provides short-term counseling, crisis intervention, risk assessment, safety planning and psycho-education for families
- Collaborates with ACS and/or other preventive services agency and participate in conferences to advocate for the family
- Makes referrals and appropriate linkages
- Facilitates group work
- Collaborates with service providers to enhance engagement and ensure quality
- Provides education and training to other staff
- Facilitates quarterly meetings with the family and shelter staff to discuss planning and progress
As one of the paramount not for profit corporations in the country, we offer to the chosen candidate a generous compensation package; a multitude of benefits, including comprehensive full health care package, disability, life insurance, coupled with a generous vacation and 401K plan as well as flexible schedules.
Acacia network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No employment services or agencies need respond.