| Role / Responsibilities: |
The Assistant Director - Strategic Planner will support the Content Group Executive Director and management team , running special projects, developing strategic plans, and managing stakeholder relationships with limited supervision.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage Content-wide projects related to budget, finance, operations and HR, coordinating with Content managers to agree approach and timeline and to ensure deliverables are met as agreed.
- Lead on management reporting, including budget and headcount analysis, and look for ways to continuously improve this with limited oversight.
- Lead annual strategic planning and quarterly budget forecasts with limited oversight.
- Work with the Content Group Executive Director and management team to develop materials for senior management presentations, discussions and reviews.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Financial budgeting experience required
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to manage projects including regular planning processes and ad-hoc analytical projects
- Strategic/critical thinker with business acumen
- Investment banking or management consulting experience a plus
- Because the role requires access to sensitive, confidential information, the individual must be professionally and emotionally mature, have sound and reliable judgment, great discretion, and be unimpechably trustworthy
- Ability to work both self-directed as well as part of a team
- Ability to work under tight and sometimes competing priorities
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Some travel may be required.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.