Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 800 lawyers located in 52 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a Law Firm of the Year six consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms.” In 2017, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Labor Law - Management category. In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Our Greenville, SC administrative office has the opportunity for a Systems Administration Manager to join the firm’s expanding Technology Department.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Summary of Position:
The Systems Administration Manager is responsible for managing a team to monitor and perform all systems administration functions for in-house, vended, or custom solutions including addressing day-to-day runtime issues, regular upgrades/patching, backups and testing, design of new implementations, security, ensuring 24x7 high availability, reliability, and sufficient capacity for efficient day-to-day operations. Will assist in implementing disaster recovery and business continuity plans, and perform standard configuration, management, and maintenance tasks for related file systems, working closely with Network groups. Manager will work in close partnership with the Network Manager and all members of the Infrastructure Operations group.
As the majority of Firm systems revolve around the accounting department and Elite Financials, the Manager is responsible for ensuring appropriate support for Elite software and related systems. Activities include, but are not limited to, software configuration, trouble-shooting, reports generation and management, performance monitoring, upgrades, rollouts, data import/exports, and rollouts as required. This position is responsible for managing the development and distribution of information and reports related to Elite, working closely with the multiple departments both within and outside of Technology department.
This position will accomplish these tasks through direct execution and involvement as well as coordinating, overseeing, and delegating with and to Technology department resources as well as external vendors, service providers, contractors, and consultants. Additional duties include working with related process stakeholders to identify and resolve related problems and issues as well as realize efficiencies as a result of process and system improvements. This position will also serve the role of project manager for some if not all related activities.
- Lead teams, and/or independently develop, test, document, implement, and maintain systems infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot, support and maintain all required systems. Analyze and identify time-sensitive system problems that could have an impact on business operations.
- Communicate effectively to non-technical customers and sponsors.
- Proactively and effectively communicate potential problems, solutions and accomplishments to management.
- Analyze existing processes and identify dependencies and potential break points, and recommend and implement improved technical solutions.
- Partner with internal customers to understand requirements in business terms and translate those requirements into technical solutions. This includes developing new capabilities as well as break/fix.
- Develop specific SDLC documentation. Ensure approval of technical solutions from IT management and key stakeholders.
- Write functional specifications.
- Continuously develop technical and professional skills.
- Evaluate user requests for new / modified programs.
- Install and test programs; monitor program performance after implementation.