The Director of Annual Giving reports to the Acting Senior Executive Director, Advancement Programs. The primary responsibility is implementation and execution of marketing solicitations directed toward alumni, parents, and students. This includes creation of the strategies, programs and plans for the on campus phone program, direct mail letters and appeals, solicitation e-mails, social media, and SMS messaging, as well as other outreach methods including crowdfunding, as applicable.
- Work as a crucial member of the team responsible for planning and executing an annual fundraising program centered in a campus based phone program, direct mail and electronic solicitations.
- Manage a small portfolio of discovery prospects with annual qualification and Loughlin ($1,000+) member goals.
- Manage professional staff responsible for phone program and direct mail production, along with student workers and graduate assistants as available.
- Coordinate e-fundraising efforts and execute the steps needed to target, create and deliver solicitations through electronic venues. This includes but is not limited to social media, email and text messaging.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with other aspects of Institutional Advancement in order to provide effective IA communications that provide multi-channel, multi-message value to constituents and the University.
- Represent each of the 6 schools and colleges that make up the University through direct, annual giving fundraising efforts on their behalf.
- Engage students in a discussion and education regarding the University as an educational charity with a goal of providing a culture that values support of alma mater.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s/advanced degrees preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in development/advancement with experience managing phone program, direct mail and digital fundraising
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, public-speaking, and written skills
- Leadership and sales skills to recruit, solicit, market, and manage individual alumni and groups
- Ability to take initiative, be creative, and attentive to detail
- Work as part of a larger group and independently
- Knowledge of Banner, Raisers Edge or similar fundraising platform required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook/e-mail programs
St. John’s offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce. Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John’s performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
St. John’s University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.
I understand that any offer of employment is subject to receipt by St. John’s University of satisfactory references, verification of employment and education.