Greenville College is seeking an Assistant Librarian for a full-time (10-month, flexibly scheduled), non-tenure-track, early career faculty position. Primary responsibilities for this position will be in technical services and periodicals. The preferred start date for this appointment is July 1, 2017.
- Manage cataloging and processing of all library materials.
- Maintain cataloging data in Voyager and OCLC.
- Supervise library periodicals management using ExLibris Voyager Serials Module, EBSCONET, and SFX.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the library to support growing metadata and digital collection initiatives.
- Participate in provision of metadata for archival records.
- Share in the daily reference service rotation including some evening and possible weekend hours.
- Supervise student workers.
- Participate in the faculty governance structure and in other faculty responsibilities.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association-accredited library school.
- Experience cataloging, some original, using MARC in OCLC according to generally accepted standards in Dewey Decimal Classification.
- Familiarity with periodicals management in an academic environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent online searching and Excel skills.
- Vibrant personal Christian faith commitment and support of the College’s Mission, Theological Assumptions and Lifestyle Statement.
- Experience with Ex Libris Voyager integrated library system (including Cataloging, Serials/Acquisitions, and Reporter modules).
- Understanding of Microsoft Access, MARC Edit, and archival metadata practices.
- Familiarity with ExLibris SFX link resolver system.
RUBY E. DARE LIBRARY: The library has approximately 120,000 volumes. Three librarians and 16 student workers serve the College’s approximately 1,600 students. The library is a governing member of the CARLI (Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois) I-Share Library consortium that uses Voyager from ExLibris.
GREENVILLE COLLEGE: Greenville College empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies The College is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in a wonderful small town of approximately 7,000 residents. Greenville College was founded in 1892 and has a rich heritage of affiliation with the Free Methodist Church, yet draws students from over 40 denominations.
We are a Christian community committed to challenging and nurturing students. We are dedicated to excellence in higher education grounded in both the liberal arts tradition and a rich Wesleyan heritage. We provide an education characterized by open inquiry into all creation and guided by the authority of Scripture, tradition, reason, and experience.
Interim Director of Library Services
The scale for determining compensation is based on academic preparation and years of relevant experience. A generous benefits package includes healthcare coverage, retirement contributions, disability insurance, and a tuition waiver for dependents at Greenville College and a tuition exchange program with 75+ other Christian colleges.
HOW TO APPLY:
Compliance with College Standards. All Greenville College employees acknowledge the unique Wesleyan, evangelical, and Protestant mission of the College, a community in which Christian faith is of central importance. Employees agree to promote the College's Mission (as set out in the Mission Statement); its Philosophy of Education and GC Student Learning Outcomes, support its Theological Assumptions and comply with the behavioral aspects of the Lifestyle Statement (collectively, the College Standards).
A complete application will include: (1) a letter of application, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) statement of philosophy of Christian higher education, (4) statement of personal faith journey and commitment, (5) letters from three professional references, and (6) official transcripts. Electronic submissions are welcome. Address applications to:
Dr. Edwin Estevez, COO and Provost
Greenville College, 315 East College Avenue Greenville, IL 62246
Office: (618) 664-7020 Fax: (618) 664-6841
It is the policy of Greenville College not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race or gender in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville College is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.