A Supply Chain Analyst will maintain solutions as it relates to the customer agreement and may recommend changes to improve efficiency, provide cost savings or reduce support. Position will require both customer and carrier interactions and be capable of representing Penske in customer meetings. A Penske Supply Chain Analyst will work collectively between Operations, Engineering and Technology to support logistics solutions and systems implementations.
- Analyze data, generate standard routing or load plans, and provide reports and metrics on a regular basis to ensure solution effectiveness.
- Support the design and implementation of a developed supply chain solution
- Handle reoccurring analysis and tasks driving continuous cost savings initiatives and process improvements
- Proactively monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analysis utilizing TM operating systems
- Interact with customers in resolving problems and coordinating implementations
- Process and distribute weekly customer metrics and develop customer performance reports
- Maps and documents standard operating processes
- Applies tactical processes daily within the established business rules.
- Interacts with the customer by phone, email or in person on an as needed basis.
- Work with internal subject matter expert to resolve problems and support implementations
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 1-3 years comparable work experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred: Business Administration, Logistics & Supply Chain Management preferred
- Fundamental understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Experience analyzing large sets of data
- Candidate must possess computer skills to include: Access, Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Consistently demonstrates proven ability to learn and use necessary tools
- Ability to follows process and standard procedures
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 1600 M H Jackson Service Rd Atlanta, GA
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1702525