| ||Provides management and leadership support to a team of Business Development Consultants within an assigned region. Responsible for coordination of business development efforts and initiatives within assigned region. Accountable for driving franchisee sales and profit, coaching for operational excellence, and enforcing brand standards by providing high level business consulting expertise and advice to a defined group of franchisees. |
1. Manages the day to day activities and performance of a group of Business Development Consultants within an assigned region.
2. Responsible for onboarding new Business Development Consultants.
3. Drives revenue growth by developing annual sales, marketing, and financial plans for each franchisee.
4. Performs business evaluations, tracks and facilitates progress by gathering and analyzing data, and makes recommendations, building commitment, and overcoming objections.
5. Provides training and advises franchisees on evaluating and reacting to financial analysis tools, such as profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow reviews, financial key performance indicators, pricing strategies, etc.
6. Identifies business needs and opportunities to improve performance and growth by leveraging company
7. operating systems or resources.
8. Facilitates learning and sharing of best practices in a wide variety of formats, including group presentations and face-to-face training.
9. Ensures full brand standards compliance with all products, equipment, tools, operating systems, processes, and initiatives to promote operational excellence and superior customer experiences.
10. Provides action plans with timing to resolve any system noncompliance a performs field audits for quality assurance.
11. May assist Directors of Business Development (BDD) in managing regional initiatives and projects by providing coaching and guidance for other BDC IIs, providing owner support for escalated issues, and gathering data and reporting responsibilities.
12. Partners with Market Expansion Managers to identify open markets, interview and approve prospective buyers, and review business plans for current owners wishing to expand their business.
13. May act as lead for conventions and other events, to include representing the brand, owning content, programming, and scheduling, and other logistics.
14. May represent the business unit in franchise councils and take ownership of various responsibilities within the council.
15. May serve as primary liaison for Franchisee renewals, collections, insurance, royalties, etc.
1. Bachelor's degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Master's degree preferred.
2. 5+ years of experience in business operations management or related field required
3. Experience in project management, leadership, budgets, profit & loss, employee supervision, customer service, and conflict resolution required
4. Sales experience in the service industry preferred
5. Multi-unit franchise operations or strategic business planning experience preferred
6. Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and a clean driving record, defined as no DUI- related violations within the past 5 years and no more than three moving violations within the past three years, is required
7. Business and financial acumen
8. Strategic and innovative thinking skills
9. Project management, organization, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
10. Coaching and influencing skills
11. Executive presence with the ability to speak publicly (e.g. facilitation of workshops, training sessions, and large group settings)
12. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
13. Ability to review financials and key metrics and determine corrective course of action
14. Ability and willingness to travel as needed for business unit, including overnight
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.