With a vision to become the leading workplace compensation board, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) provides no-fault insurance and compensation for Ontarians in the event of a workplace injury or illness. We are committed to delivering what matters: fast, accessible service and fair benefits at a fair price.
We’ve launched a comprehensive plan for modernizing and revitalizing the WSIB. This is an exciting time for the organization, and we invite you to be a part of it as we work to grow and improve the services we provide.
Recognized as a best-in-class learning organization, we promote professional development and are committed to providing our people with opportunities to lead, learn and grow, ensuring that we’re providing the best possible service to the people of Ontario. We offer a market-competitive total compensation plan and a robust wellness program that promotes a healthy lifestyle as well as work/life balance.
The work we do at the WSIB is meaningful and challenging, and it makes a difference to the people of Ontario. We value integrity, reliability and fairness, and we embrace the diversity of the people we work with and serve.
Junior Associate Portfolio Manager, Multi-Asset Strategies
1 Permanent Vacancy
We are presently recruiting for a new role of Junior Associate Portfolio Manager (Jr APM), Multi-Asset Strategies in the Investments Division of WSIB. The Investments team oversees the management of WSIB's $30 billion asset base.
Based in the Toronto office and reporting into the Associate Director, Senior Associate Portfolio Manager (Sr APM), the Jr APM will be responsible for supporting the management, oversight, operation and administration of WSIB’s $7 billion Multi-Asset Strategies (MAS) program, which is executed through external investment managers and comprises risk parity, hedge fund and active currency mandates.
Jr APM will assist in structuring investment mandates, reviewing and development of investment policies and guidelines; searching for and selection of investment managers and services and will assist in all new initiatives. Jr APM will also monitor and analyze investment performance relative to mandates and benchmarks and undertake research into economic and investment risks, opportunities and trends under the guidance of the Executive Director (ED) and Sr APM of MAS. The individual will also provide analytics support for the MAS program, including producing periodic reports for internal and external audiences.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the AD, Sr APM and ED in analysis, research, evaluation and evolution of MAS investments and implementation structures pursuant to the Strategic Investment Plan, including diversified markets, hedge funds and active currency mandates, and assist in all new initiatives.
- Participate in the search for and selection of portfolio management and investment advisory services under the direction of the ED and AD, Sr APM which includes business, performance and risk assessment, research and conducting interviews.
- Provide critical review and assist in development of investment policies that pertain to the strategy and operations of the investment program, including the production of an annual review and commentary for the Investment Committee.
- Prepare investment performance commentaries for internal and external distribution including monthly and quarterly meetings, Investment Committee meetings as well as annual corporate financial reporting.
- Ensure risk management, quality management and continuous improvement systems are established to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness and cost benefit of services and programs.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all MAS external investments including contractual requirements, style, and performance and risk expectations to permit the early detection of possible deviations from relevant mandates.
- Maintain frequent and periodic communications with MAS external investment managers to gather updates and perspectives in performance, investment organizations, processes, environments and expectations to prepare related summary views for presentation to investment staff.