Office Support Specialist
The George Mason University Army ROTC Office, under the Office of the Provost, is seeking a part-time, Office Support Specialist. This position requires 29 hours of work per week and the pay range is $9.00-$14.00 per hour depending upon experience. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
Army ROTC is the largest officer-producing organization with the American military, having commissioned more than half a million second lieutenants since its inception.
The individual in this position will serve as the George Mason University liaison for the ROTC Office, assisting in recruiting operations and managing the front desk. In addition, the Office Support Specialist will assist ROTC administrators and faculty by completing a wide-range of tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
George Mason University Liaison:
- Manage parking passes, building access, and ROTC office keys; and
- Reserve and confirm classroom/gym, and track space within the Recreation and Athletic Complex (RAC) and Field House for ROTC.
Classes, Labs and Physical Training Sessions:
- Request reservations via 25Live, and complete necessary checklists that accompany reservation requests;
- Serve as a member of the campus-based Scholarship Board;
- Complete the check-in process for all new ROTC employees; and
- Create a weekly presentation for the ROTC faculty regarding current events on campus.
Recruiting Operations Assistant:
- Take phone calls with general questions regarding the ROTC program such as eligibility, benefits, courses and enrollment; and
- Schedule appointments for potential scholarship candidates to see the Admissions and Scholarship Officer.
Front Desk Operations:
- Ensure that all appointments check in at the front desk and wait to be seen;
- Manage the office phone line to assist ROTC faculty and student prospects;
- Provide assistance to the students while the cadres are out of the office for classes, labs, field operations, and any other events that they are required to attend; and
- Deliver office mail.
- Assist the Administrative Officer in the processing of ROTC scholarship, stipend and incentive payments to cadets; and
- Serve as ROTC liaison to the George Mason University Student Accounts and Third-Party Billing Offices for ROTC scholarship payment processing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; and
- Must also demonstrate the ability to maintain confidentiality, and be able to pass a background check.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number WG084zat http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.