| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The aim of the Flow Cytometry Core Facility is to facilitate and help advance the scope and quality of Cancer Research at MSK by providing investigators advanced instrumentation and high-level technical and scientific expertise in multi-dimensional Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting.
We are currently seeking a Flow Cytometry Core Manager to integrate an exciting team of scientific and technologically-driven staff, and assist the Core Head in all tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating the activities of multiple research and development projects within the facility
- Assisting researchers in experimental design and execution
- Providing technical and scientific support in flow cytometry software and data analysis and independently operate cell sorters to cover absences (lunch breaks, sick leave and vacation) or to support evening shifts as needed
- Supervising and managing staff and assisting in decisions related to facility operations and personnel
- Budgeting, billing, and review/approval of service charges
- Overseeing overall operations and ensuring adequate implementation of standard operating procedures, protocols, and lab policies
- Developing and implementing Training and Education programs
- Co-presenting results with Core Facility or other research groups
As part of the interactions with fellow researchers, the Flow Cytometry Core Manager, together with the Core Head and the rest of the team, is also expected to engage in collaborations that may result in co-authoring publications with other labs. The Flow Cytometry Core Manager will have the opportunity to present data resulting from the R&D activities carried out in the facility, in Regional and International meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and Related Sciences with 7-10 years flow cytometry experience (or equivalent experience)
- Master’s Degree and some supervisory/management experience preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.