| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Patient Financial Services is seeking a Patient Financial Coordinator who will assist all new patients with registration prior to their first appointment. Additionally, the Coordinator will explain hospital financial policies, insurance benefits and requirements, and patients’ options for continuing treatment. They will also advise patient of self pay responsibility for hospital and physicians’ services and respond to other patient inquiries as they arise.
Patient Financial Coordinators are responsible for:
- Contacting patients via telephone prior to their scheduled Dr.’s appointment, and obtaining their demographic and financial information according to departmental documentation guidelines.
- Generating Medical Record Numbers as requested by any clinical areas that may need tests reviewed.
- Discussing financial options (in person or by telephone) with Managed Care Initiative patients who are considering additional services at Memorial.
- Providing patient with information regarding hospital billing and other administrative procedures.
- Follows up after the patient’s consult visit to determine status of actions taken and decisions made about continuing treatment at MSKCC.
- Using all system resources and completing thorough account analysis to respond to inquiries.
- Informing patients about their financial responsibilities, options and actions to be taken.
- Associates degree and 2-4 years of experience in patient finance/billing are strongly preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide exceptional patient service
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.