| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program (HOPP) & Collaborative Research Center (CRC) Administrative Assistant I
We are: We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and operational support to the Research Attending (s)/ Principal Investigator (s) to ensure seamless support of the office and research laboratory.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Adept at creating partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Prepare/transcribe/proofread documents including memos, letters, project/presentation materials, grant applications, and other materials for the research attending(s); accurately and neatly, within established timeframes.
- Maintain updated Research Attending ‘s curriculum vitae
- Complete required paperwork for research attending‘s within the department; Obtain appropriate signatures and submits completed paperwork with supporting information to appropriate individuals/departments
- Assist in acquisition and controls distribution of research office supplies for the Research Service. Contacts vendors for equipment malfunctions.
- Greet and directs visitors appropriately; provides telephone coverage as assigned, uses correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls
- Maintain organized files of all correspondence and grant-related material; Pick up, sorts and distributes mail
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences as requested
- Arrange travel and help with reimbursement as needed
- High School Diploma/GED plus 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelors degree preferred plus one year of experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong prioritization, attention to detail and organizational skills
In order to be considered for an Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.