| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for the repair and maintenance of systems within the Breast and Imaging Center.
- Work include, but not limited to, all electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, mechanical, painting and light carpentry throughout the facility.
- Where outside contracted services are involved, the Maintenance Technician assists the Plant Operations Manager for logistical support and follow-up to assure contractual obligations are met and outstanding deficiencies are corrected.
- Read, interpret, and record all systems data.
- Correct abnormal environmental and systems conditions, e.g, loss of utilities, heating hot water and water pressures, quality variances in water investigation of HVAC components.
- Have the ability to inspect , diagnose, and advise outside vendors of the required correction on HVAC DX, Split and unitary devices.
- Work on basic maintenance , change filters, belts, clean coils, check and evaluate refrigerant pressures for water and air systems.
- Respond to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service. Tasks include but are not limited to any building maintenance tasks identified in either owned or leased properties in which owner or tenant is responsible for such services. Examples of these tasks are replacing light bulbs and ballasts, repairing or replacing door hinges, locksets or closers. Changing air and water filters. Minor painting and patching. Repairs to millwork, cabinet doors, drilling holes for computer wiring and hanging pictures. Minor plumbing and mechanical repairs. Mounting and connections required for equipment installation.
- Maintain a clean, orderly and secure work environment.
- Ensure proper care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Take necessary precautions to comply with institutional, departmental, or regulatory agency safety requirements and infection control standards.
- Participate as a member of the Fire Brigade as required. Restores fire and sprinkler systems after use; replaces fire hose and sprinkler heads as necessary; restarts HVAC equipment shut down during fire emergencies. All inspections to be performed as per local authorities.
- Ensures secure and safe conditions for employees and visitors and provides services to protect MSKCC buildings, assets, and premises.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with institutional/departmental policies and procedures, safety standards, and external legal regulations. Record emergency after hours activities; assists in access to locked areas.
- Maintain daily incident and activity logs.
- Participate in Emergency Preparedness Plan, and responds to emergency and fire response incidents.
- Continually record and maintain logs and data sheets of systems readings, and produce reports as required.
- High School Diploma / GED with 3-7 years experience Plumbing, carpentry, and electrical skills to include preventive maintenance, diagnoses and repairs of small to medium sized HVAC systems.
- Computer literacy requiring proficiency in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Sufficient knowledge to handle assignments of routine and non-routine difficulty with minimal or no supervision.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.