| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As a Cashier I in Patient Financial Services you will:
- Take payments from patients/guarantors and provides them with a system receipt
- Post payments for hospital including corporate accounts
- Reconciles individual transactions on a daily basis according to departmental guidelines
- Prepare daily deposit and identifies any shortage/overage requiring supervisory attention
- Ensure individual tills balance at the end of each day (the beginning total of each day plus the cash payments received minus the cash distributed should equal the ending balance)
- Ensure till does not exceed maximum amount allowed per departmental guidelines
- Immediately sell back excess money to main vault and indicates this amount on daily balance sheet
- Review accounts and advises patient of outstanding hospital balance
- Responsible for notifying appropriate party if a credit card declines
- In the pharmacy, takes payments from PFS representatives (consult and MCI deposits) and posts the payments in the US Bank system
- Assist in retrieving necessary credit card receipts so patient credit card refunds can be resolved within 48 hours
- Review all financial documents provided by guarantors to determine if patients are eligible for Philanthropic Social Work Funds
- Experience with computer systems including SMS or ACCESS, EXCEL, IDX, RAM, word processing and spreadsheet software
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with teams of people
- Ability to solve problems
- Good math skills
- Ability to work daily 9-5, Monday through Friday
- At least a High School Diploma and 1 to 2 years of relevant experience in banking or cashiering
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.