Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learning and leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Coordinates the billing process between Vanderbilt and the payer, bill timely and collects monies from state and federal agencies, managed care and commercial insurance companies, third party organizations and patients. Works denials and works with third party payers to maximize reimbursement. Monitors and audits accounts, and process payments and adjustments to accounts as necessary.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
- Must meet productivity standards specific to the work unit guidelines.
- Accesses and takes corrective action, if necessary, of incoming financial data.
- Works accounts referred for follow-up in an accurate and timely manner
- Gives feedback to requesting party in a timely manner
- Provides accurate account maintenance and documentation sufficient for audit controls.
- Maintains appropriate batching of financial transactions for imaging and audit purposes.
- Account documentations are timely and contain complete information
- Coordinates the Vanderbilt billing process
- Accurately, efficiently and timely processing of claims, payments, refunds, denials, unpaid patient and insurance balances
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (Bill Wilkerson Center), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
- Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
- Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
- The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
- National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
- Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
- Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer