Unit Description This position is all night shift on weekends. 20 hrs/wk benefit eligible. Rotation of Sat/Sun, then next week Sat/Sun/Monday 9pm-530am on SAT, 930-6am Sun/Mon
Care Site Description
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
- Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
- 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
- 338 beds
Services & Expertise
- 5-Star Birthing Center
- Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
- Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Heart & Neurovascular
- Primary Stroke Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine Center
- Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
Works under close supervision to obtain blood samples used in diagnostic testing.
- Verifies patient's identification and obtains specimens of patient blood for diagnostic testing by means of venipuncture or skin puncture methodology utilizing a syringe, lancet or other approved technique.
- Calms and reassures patients who are anxious or apprehensive about having blood specimen withdrawn; explains to patient why specimen is needed in order to elicit cooperation.
- Prepares blood samples obtained for diagnostic testing in laboratory by adding type and quantity of preservative or anti-coagulant specified for test procedures requested.
- Fixes blood specimen on glass slide by utilizing edge of another glass slide to smear a drop of blood across its surface for the purpose of microscopic examination by other personnel.
- Carries or otherwise forwards all blood specimens drawn to appropriate laboratory for analysis.
- Receives, accessions, and processes patient specimens (including centrifuging, making primary inoculations of media, preparing and staining of smears and/or plates, and operating semi and fully automated equipment).
- Records and transcribes laboratory test results from lab reports and worksheets into a permanent log. Routes laboratory reports to patient's ward, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
High School diploma or equivalent, required
Phlebotomy training, required
Six months of experience in blood-drawing techniques, preferred
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
One (1) year of experience in a hospital setting, preferred
: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-Specimen Procurem
: Night Shift
: Apr 5, 2017, 5:42:27 AM