Behavioral Health ProfessionalPrimary Location:
Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)Organization:
MENTOR Oregon is seeking Behavioral HealthProfessionals to join our team! Areyou a compassionate and caring person looking to help people in your community?Are you looking for a career that is rewarding and fulfilling? If you answeredyes, then apply today to become a Behavioral HealthProfessional!
The Behavioral Health Professional willprovide comprehensive direct support to adults who experience developmentaldisabilities, severe mental and/or behavioral health issues in the individualsown homes and communities, engaging in activities and relationships of choice. Thisposition requires individualized support planning and coordination of dailyliving support services in order for the client to retain community tenure andnot require hospitalization andeffectively respond to crisis situations. Joining the MENTOR Oregon team alsorequires your sincere interest in serving others as a conduit for your ownpersonal happiness and your desire to work in a transparent, team environmentwhere commitment to personal growth is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide direct support withactivities of daily living including, personal care including personal hygiene,bathing, food preparation, laundry and housekeeping.
- Scheduling activities andaccompanying persons served, ensuring ISP goals are reflective of the individualsdesires are continuously met and information is documented to accuratelyreflect the person's choices and life interests.
- Complete paperwork for programdocumentation.
- Be consistently responsive to theindividual in crisis situations.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality, byadhering to HIPAA/ confidentiality guidelines.
- Maintain personal and professional boundaries inways that are informed and sensitive to clients, caregivers, co-workers andsupervisors.
- Work independently, with the ability to request assistancewhen needed.
- Ability to understand and follow through with directions.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge and competence ofdesignated skills identified for position.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Maintain documentation in clear and complete manner.
- Complete and pass all required in-service trainings asdirected.
- Computer skillsnecessary to function successfully in an electronic health record environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Schedule & Compensation:
We are looking to hire Behavioral Health Specialists to fill full-time positions on Day, Swing, and Graveyard shifts. The pay for this position is $13.00/hour and MENTOR Oregon offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth with room for advancement.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School Diploma or GED + 3 years direct support experience.
- Ability to perform duties of position. A variety of bending, reaching forward and over the head, crouching, climbing stairs, some moving and lifting, repetitive pushing/pulling, capable of using mechanical lift, and other minor supportive activities
- Must have a background that is free from criminal convictions for crimes against persons, including, without limitation, theft, abuse, neglect or sexual misconduct.
- Valid driver's license with insured vehicle and clean driving record.
- Computer skills necessary to function successfully in an electronic health record environment.
- Excellent written, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Ideal candidate will also poses:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college, with specialization in psychology, mental health and human services, behavioral health, behavioral sciences, social work, human development, special education, counseling, rehabilitation, sociology, nursing, or closely related field
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience working with adults with developmental disabilities, specifically in a behavioral health/Mental Health.
A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K) for 30+ hour work week
Paid training; Holiday pay
Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
Career development and advancement opportunities
Access to employee discounts with various vendors
A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Eligible to participate in the Referral Bonus Incentive program