| The Role / Responsibilities: |
The Associate Analyst role is primarily responsible providing support to lead analysts to facilitate the monitoring of existing ratings and the assignment of new ratings for rated Corporate Finance issuers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring issuers for any market and corporate developments that may impact their ratings;
- Undertaking fundamental research to support lead analysts in the rating process;
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and undertaking financial modeling;
- Producing analytical summaries of quantitative and qualitative information for analysts;
- Contributing to the writing of in-depth reports and publications;
- Preparing materials for speeches, conferences and briefings;
- Undertaking special projects as requested;
- Attending issuer meetings.
If you are results focused with strong attention to detail, have sound judgment, are outgoing and efficient and present yourself professionally, we are looking for you!
Ratings and Research Support Group
- Proven credit analysis experience or related experience from a recognised financial institution or an audit firm
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Engineering or a mathematical related discipline
- Solid understanding of cash-flow lending techniques
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency in Mandarin is a must
- Willing to travel between Hong Kong and China
In addition, you must also have the ability to work independently and meet deadlines, be able to work in a team environment, be highly numerate with strong financial analysis and modeling skills, have strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills and be results focused with strong attention to detail. In return Moody's offers a friendly working environment, career opportunities and an attractive benefits package.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.