The Application Analyst is primarily responsible for the development, deployment, post- implementation support, product design and testing cycles of the Maestro Care(Epic) Inpatient Electronic Health Record (EHR) for the Clinical Documentation/Orders module. This includes planning, performing, managing, and supporting identified ClinDoc/Orders users in the Duke environment. The incumbent will work closely with Epic and identified other Maestro Care applications staff to create and carry out deployment tasks, clinical workflow interpretation, and participate in Maestro Care ClinDoc/Orders application build, testing and support. Advise and assist with educational issues, including cross-training of team members, end-users and DHTS Service Desk via face-to- face, via phone or email and via training classes. Act as Maestro Care Inpatient EHR application expert for base functionality. Update test plans to account for testing of new features with all releases. Participate in the design and specification of bug-fixes to ensure they meet the needs of the Duke environment, as well as participate in design sessions and review of specifications for new features and enhancements in the Maestro Care Inpatient EHR. Work with others on the Application Support team to manage all user access to Maestro Care InpatientEHR systems and track changes. Analyst is expected to have Epic certification in ClinDoc or Orders, and develop proficiency in the alternate application.
This opening is for a LEVEL 2 opportunity.
- Obtain additional Epic certification and proficiency as defined by management through a combination of classroom instruction at Epic (Madison, Wisconsin), self-directed learning, multiple project assignments and competency exams.
- Interprets and analyzes systems, data, and information with supervision.
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of data in their business unit.
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision.
- Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions.
- Assists in making oral and written presentations to project teams and management.
- Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects with direction.
- Identifies internal resources to build project team performance.
- Updates system, operational and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvement.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures and follow all change control processes defined within Maestro Care
Level 2 In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
- Perform in-depth analysis of end user department workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software as they relate to system design and build decisions
- Proactively complete assigned Maestro Care application deployment(s), management and testing tasks within defined timeline
- Manage the documentation, resolution and completion of identified deployment issues and tasks
- Build, test, and debug Epic application(s) to ensure the system meets end user requirements
- Responsible for writing and executing test plans, documenting and resolving defects within Quality Center
- Develop and document system and user procedures
- Develop report specifications and work closely with report writers to ensure all operational and regulatory reporting needs are met including reports necessary to comply with Meaningful Use requirements
- Provide both business and after hours support for issues around system production support including the analysis, prioritization and implementation of requested changes, analysis of new functionality, coordination of software release updates, system testing and interface enhancements
- Requires current Epic ClinDoc or Orders certification or the ability to complete certifications within the defined timeline.
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments.
- Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with direction.
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements. Provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated.
Bachelor degree, preferably in computer science or a clinical field, or offsetting clinical or IT experience. Prefer clinical experience in an inpatient setting.
Level 1- One year of related experience.
Level 2- Three years of related experience.
Level 1 -- If applicable, maintenance of North Carolina licensure or certification in related clinical discipline is required for all levels.
Level 2 -- In addition to the requirements described for the Level 1, the Level 2 requires: Epic ClinDoc/Orders certification strongly preferred.
- Customer service
- Critical thinking Statistical reporting
- Data coding - general Data analysis and trending
- Effective oral and written communication
- Application configuration
- User technical support/training Ability to translate business process into a technical solution
Level 2: In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of project management to manage deliverables
- Design specifications for information systems Implementation of information systems
- Maintenance of information systems
- Quality assurance (may be required) Adult learning and training methods (may be required)