- High School Diploma or equivalent credentials required.
- A minimum of 1-year or more of relevant experience.
- Expertise with basic knife skills and cooking techniques.
- Knowledge of NYC farmers’ markets, regional foods, and community food issues in the Bronx.
- Experience working in multi-cultural settings with diverse populations.
- Knowledgeable about community food security issues in New York City.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to work standing for long periods outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- ServSafe certification or successful completion of the NYC Food Protection course.
- Engaging personality and detailed orientated skills are essential.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
Advanced-level professional competency in written and spoken English language is required. Authorization to work in the United States for any employer is mandatory.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
Additionally, BronxWorks offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar.
- Access to some scholarship opportunities.
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.