Media Services Technology Specialist
Brown University, Computing and Information Services seeks qualified applicants for the position of Media Services Technology Specialist.
The Media Services Technology Specialist moves between classroom/event support, AV system design/implementation and identification/assessment of new and emerging teaching technology. The individual in this position works as team member in Media Services and has primary responsibility for a forward thinking approach with respect to AV trends/advancements as well as system design, consultation and implementation. This position will also be responsible for the support of installed AV for teaching/learning and event support. In addition, the incumbent is expected to develop as a collaboration conduit to other service areas within CIS.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or media-related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team to solve technology problems required.
- Experience in higher education setting preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in AV/Media support required.
- Knowledge of AV signal flow with respect to portable and installed AV systems required.
- Knowledge of web publishing, web distribution of video/audio content and social media delivery solutions preferred.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot/correct AV issues under pressure required.
- Experience in supporting high-profile, live events employing audio/visual equipment required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with a diverse customer base required.
- Proven ability to prioritize projects and deadlines through strong time management skills required.
- Knowledge of Crestron programming required.Crestron certification preferred.
- Experience with mentoring and training junior staff such as students, interns or entry-level employees preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Ability to work independently and proactively; work effectively in a group and as a member of a project team required.
- Valid driverâ??s license required.
All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-29-07:00
Job Posting Title:Media Services Technology Specialist
Department:Office of CIO
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.