About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Webmaster for the Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology is responsible for the management, maintenance, and design of the ICAT website, the Creative Technologies + Experiences strategic growth area website, the Center for Human Computer Interaction website, and websites for short term special events as needed. Duties include site design, usability review, standards compliance, data publication, and update management. The successful candidate will work with groups to properly structure new sites or redesign existing sites to be more logical, user friendly, and professional. Position will manage information architecture, hierarchy, navigation and interface design for mentioned websites. The webmaster must be able to analyze situations and implement creative solutions. The Webmaster ensures compliance with University branding guidelines and procedures as well as tracks and analyzes log information and analytics to update design/layout of the websites.
- Bachelor's degree in Web Design, Web Development, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience in web administration.
- Demonstrated work experience as a web developer, such as creating, updating, and maintaining content on several websites simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience with content management systems.
- Demonstrated experience in website user interface design.
- Experience with a variety of computer software applications such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, and XML.
- Must have ability to manage multiple priorities and function as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Google analytics.
- Experience working with Ensemble, Virginia Tech's content management system.
- Demonstrated experience with web development in a research environment.
- Experience using various media, including photographic and software-generated slides.
- Demonstrated experience designing creative web user interfaces.
Employee Category: Hourly Wage Staff, limited to 1500 hrs/year
Appointment Type: Temp, non-salaried wage
Percent Employment: Part-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 04/24/2017