Our progressive, well-structured, small family of hospitals is seeking a hospital administrator to take our operations to the next level. The organization has a strong team culture of veterinarians and support teams dedicated to creating the right environments and experiences for patients, clients, and team members. Our hospitals have great reputations in the communities we serve and many systems in place to facilitate effective daily operations and compliance. The hospital administrator will work directly with hospital owners and on-site office managers to achieve performance goals in Hospital Operations, Human Resources, Finance, and Marketing. The hospital administrator will plan strategically for the successful operations of each hospital to achieve Vets Heart Pets’ vision and mission.
- Plan strategically for successful operations for each hospital.
- Maintain office hours sufficient to support hospital operations and is on call for all emergency possibilities.
- Monitor each individual hospital for accurate pricing.
- Monitor all locations for clean, professional appearance and smell.
- Maintain relationships with variety of professional veterinary associations.
- Perform duties of receptionist, technician, and kennel staff when needed.
- Keep owner apprised of any situation with potential for concern.
- Maintain compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), EEOC, Child Labor Laws, Texas Workforce Commission laws, other labor laws, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations, OSHA standards. Oversee DEA and TBVME compliance.
- Create and update employee manuals, policies, and procedures to adequately address hospital goals.
- Monitor employee records, including confidential files.
- Prepare payroll for all employees in compliance with DOL rules.
- Maintain compliance to payroll taxes, including all tax forms and deadlines.
- Maintain employee benefits (health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, and supplemental insurances) to attract quality personnel.
- Maintain benefit program compliance including IRS, HIPPA, COBRA, State Continuation, ERISA, Affordable Healthcare Act, and other retirement and insurance benefit compliance.
- Serve as liaison with attorneys for all hospital situations requiring counsel.
- Advertise for and screen veterinary associate applicants.
- Manage recruiting, onboarding, and training and development programs for each hospital.
- Prepare, get attorney review and present contracts to appropriate veterinary associate candidates.
- Maintain continuing education budgets for all eligible support team members and veterinarians.
- Maintain account payables in a timely and responsible manner.
- Manage use of credit policies for the hospitals with vendors and other outside agencies.
- Serve as liaison to accountants for the hospitals.
- Manage hospital bookkeeping and bill pay processes.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage for each hospital.
- Serve as the banking liaison for multiple banks and multiple hospitals.
- Implement and update fee schedules regularly.
- Identify and implement cost control measures and revenue growth opportunities.
- Create hospital credit policies to balance client needs with hospital costs.
- Create financial statements for each hospital and present information graphically to owner.
- Develop budgets and metrics for each hospital and partner with hospital leaders regularly to evaluate and give feedback on hospital financial performance and expectations for corrective measures when budget goals are not met.
- Develop and implement changes that meet goals to enhance financial performance of the organization.
- Attend community functions to build potential client base; host community functions, etc.
- Maintain hospital public image and press releases.
- Regularly review current demographics to determine market changes
- Develop and monitor a budget for marketing and advertising holding to industry benchmarks.
- Recommend, monitor, implement, and evaluate client communications.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies.
- Over-all direction of all employees, including associate veterinarians and managers.
- Supervises multiple supervisory and non-supervisory employees throughout the hospitals. Is responsible for the overall operation of multiple hospitals in the Austin and Dripping Springs area.
- Creates the organization’s policies regarding supervisory responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws.
- Develops and delivers training programs for employees at all levels of the organization.
- Responsible for modeling behavior for excellent client service and team relations.
- Leads team in alignment with the vision, mission, and core values of the organization and produces results that enhance alignment across the organization.
- Acts as Reputation Manager for Vets Heart Pets hospitals by responding to client complaints, engaging in client recovery efforts, facilitating refunds when appropriate, and proactively monitoring the company’s online reputation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Hospital Administrator handles documentation for clients, vendors, team members, and other community partners that may be sensitive in nature. It is imperative that Hospital Administrator is vigilant with the confidentiality of this information. Information is not to be shared with any other party (internal or external) without owner’s instructions.
Organizational Structure and Work Location/Environment
The Hospital Administrator provides direct support for multiple hospitals and company owners. The hospital administrator may share multiple office spaces with office managers/department directors. The hospital administrator may be required to support additional locations as the business grows.