Position Available: Arts Chair and Instructor
Start Date: August 2017
FLSA Classification: Exempt
THE CHURCH FARM SCHOOL
1001 E. Lincoln Highway
Exton, PA 19341
Apply by letter to the address above (att: Assistant Head of School) or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include by separate attachments: cover letter indicating passion for the position, resume or curriculum vitae of qualifications and experiences and names and contact information for three professional references. Please enter the position in the subject line of the email.
Since 1918, The Church Farm School has prepared a diverse group of boys with academic ability and good character to lead productive and fulfilling lives by making a college preparatory education financially accessible. Located in Exton, PA, CFS offers a college preparatory education for 190 boys in a boarding/day environment for grades 9 through 12. Additional information about CFS can be found at www.gocfs.net.
CFS is seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve as the lead faculty member in the Arts Department. This is a 10-month, full-time faculty position and requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree. A Master’s Degree and several years of teaching experience and academic leadership are preferred. All CFS faculty share responsibilities in the academic, athletic, residential, and co-curricular life of the School.
Specific responsibilities include instruction in Visual Arts courses and leadership of Music and Visual Arts faculty. All candidates must have broad knowledge of and experience with Upper School Arts curricula and must be facile with the integration of technology in instruction. Candidates should offer an enthusiastic and infectious approach to artistic expression and analysis and must be able to develop in students an appreciation for and understanding of art across media, genres, and cultures. As Church Farm School continues to develop 21st Century teaching and learning initiatives, including the integration of core Humanities and STEAM curricula, the school seeks candidates who will partner with other Department Chairs to make meaningful contributions to these important elements of the program.
All candidates must be comfortable in a culturally diverse, all-male student environment, and must be able to nurture the development of students’ critical thinking and analytical skills while helping students respond creatively to the world around them. CFS seeks a teacher who will display clear evidence of the charisma and intensity necessary to motivate students, a level of collegiality that will add to the professionalism of our adult community, the eloquence that defines a liberally-educated scholar, and the diversity of experiences characteristic of a life-long learner.
Additional responsibilities include advising students, attending faculty meetings and professional development opportunities, sponsoring clubs and extracurricular activities, occasional chaperoning duties, participating in general boarding school/dormitory duty, being an integrated member of the CFS community, coaching, and being available to students in our residential environment.
As a member of the Academic Faculty, the Arts Chair and Instructor will:
- Provide effective and innovative instruction in core and elective Arts courses
- Lead the Arts Department in developing innovative curriculua and dynamic instructional methods
- Maintain effective classroom management and execute effective instructional plans
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with using technology in the delivery of curriculum and instruction
- Display experience with developing and delivering 21st Century teaching/learning methodologies
- Be willing to inspire, empower, and work with students at all levels
- Possess the skills necessary to communicate effectively with CFS students, adults, and parents
- Understand and welcome the complexity of teaching adolescent boys
- Embrace enthusiastically the unique opportunities presented by a boarding school environment
- Cultivate and maintain meaningful, professional relationships with students, families, and members of the CFS community
- Help to promote and to maintain a sense of community and collaboration
- Demonstrate a willingness to support the stated Mission of the School through time, dedication, personal example, actions, and attitude
- Perform required faculty activities, including periodic weekday/evening/weekend duties, athletic coaching, and residential responsibilities
- Exhibit enthusiasm for and joy in working closely with colleagues and students
SALARY AND BENEFITS: Church Farm School offers competitive salaries, school housing or a housing stipend, a generous benefits package including retirement plan, paid vacations and medical insurance. The school is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
POST DATE: April 3, 2017