| Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report. |
The Division of University Advancement is responsible for building and strengthening relationships with diverse constituencies that encourage investment in and support of Rowan University, its programs, and initiatives. As the Division moves forward and seeks continued success in meeting its fundraising goals to support the University?s priorities, the position of Assistant Director of Advancement Services will play a crucial role in helping ensure the data resources needed to advance the University.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Assistant Director of Advancement Services is an integral part of the Advancement Services team that supports the fundraising and alumni engagement programs at Rowan University. The position will serve as the main data custodian responsible for providing key oversight of constituent data and information needed to allow the Division to make strategic decisions regarding the identification and targeting of individuals to create lasting relationships and build a strong base of support. This individual will lead in reporting and provide data quality controls for all systems functional areas including biographical, gifts, prospect management, and event management.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- ?Provides oversight and management to the Advancement Services department in absence of the Director of Advancement Services.
- Uses common data retrieval tools (such as Crystal Reports) and office automation tools (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access) to obtain and present information to AS staff, senior management and the various constituencies of Advancement Services.
- Oversees all biographical data entry to improve operational efficiency through on-demand and scheduled error checking reports for integrity.
- Fulfills information requests for the University Community in an informative, accurate, and responsive manner.
- Enhances reporting capacity by maintaining the Foundation Chart of Accounts through the Millennium database ensuring timely creation and accuracy of accounts.
- Provides excellent customer service to ensure user satisfaction with the Millennium database.
- Provides adaptive response to various types of changes in technological/electronic recording and information systems to help with data integrity, efficiency and reporting.
- Leads the Division?s reporting and oversight of data quality control.
- Plays a key role in helping the Division achieve its fundraising goals.
- Assists in the establishment and documenting of all policies and procedures of the Office of Advancement Services.
- Processes alumni data and list requests.
- Works with information vendors to obtain mass updates and uploads in Millennium.
- Keeps up to date on best practices through online resources/communities, readings, etc.
Other duties as assigned by the Director of Advancement Services.
Some evening, weekend, and holiday work is required for this position.
- Bachelor?s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in a higher education fundraising environment or other field related to the functions of the position.
- Experience in system development leadership.
- Experience working with a fundraising system such as Abila Millennium, Banner Advancement, or Raiser?s Edge.
Ability to work independently, as necessary, to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new and emerging tools and technologies.
- Ability to multi-task and to perform at a high productivity level with minimal errors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.