| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Planning and Organizing:
- Ability to provide regular leadership in planning and organizing the work of others.
- Ability to independently manage project timelines, resources and lead implementation efforts.
- Working knowledge of one or more scripting languages used in Linux (Bash, Phthon, Perl, etc.).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to create programs under various levels of pressure and time frames.
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux/Unix environments.
- User support experience.
- Knowledge of any of the following is helpful, but not required: statistics, web services and web interface design such as WordPress, REDCap.
Technical Solution Development:
- Ability to interact with and recommend methods to solve moderate to complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations.
- Ability to interact with and serve as a technical resource.
- Ability to develop information technology systems or modules of a limited scope.
- Ability to interact with and recommend methods of resolving problems to lower level technicians.
- Ability to develop solutions that address the root cause of the problem and not the symptom.
This position provides technical and analytical work to develop, design, and/or support applications for the business, research, and/or instructional functions of clients. Employee participates in the development of solutions using programming expertise for day-to-day problems to include maintenance, modification, or development of complex inter-related applications/solutions. Solutions link technical knowledge with business, research, and/or instructional solutions and may range from consulting services (software or hardware recommendations) to developing integrated-automated systems. Duties include client-needs assessment as well as evaluating hardware availability and software requirements. Additionally, employee may be involved in administration of the databases(s) that support the application code. Employee will either be involved in code, database administration, or a combination of both depending upon the size and complexity of the application portfolio of the entity being supported. Employee should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain WordPress website (MySQL, Apache, WordPress, PHP)
- Website design and construction, create web pages (WordPress, HTML, PHP, Concrete5)
- Design and construct relational database (MySQL, REDCap)
- Write API in PHP to connect MySQL and REDCap databases for retrieving or modifying data, such as performing automated data imports/exports/update
- Design and create web-based online application/tools to allow user to enter data into MySQL database, and search/browse data in the database. Generate tables in HTML page to show search/browse result. Write search/browse result in CSV, txt and PDF files for user to click to download (PHP, HTML, MySQL)
- Create PHP API to export data from database and perform data analysis using statistics packages in PHP, write analysis report in PDF file for user download (PHP, HTML, MySQL)
- Database management and data quality control (MySQL)
- Write scripts to assist Program Managers for data access and management (PHP, MySQL)
- Provide technical support and assist, create documentation for applications
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Division of Biostatistics located in Barnard Hospital on the Medical School Campus.
The hiring range for this position is $53,206 to $69,160 annually.
Degree or certification from a technical school or college in computer programming required; experience in computer programming and/or relevant DBA experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for required education.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G12.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account.� If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor.�� To attach these documents, go to:� My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type � Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)