Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Language Ability:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Math Ability:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability:
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Customer Service Ability:
Ability to anticipate customer needs, builds positive relationships with customers and vendors, goes the extra mile to satisfy and exceed customer needs, treats all customers and vendors with highest degree of respect and courtesy, delivers exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent from four-year college or technical school preferred; and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; spreadsheet software; ticketing software.
• The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk and stand; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• This job has no travel requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.