Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The primary responsibility of this position is assuring that student's needs are met regarding assessment of transfer credits through the management of the evaluation process as professional students apply for and complete a professional undergraduate degree at APU. This position is also responsible for promoting consistency and clarity in the area of transfer guidelines and articulation agreements.
- Familiarity with higher education.
- Two to four years experience with databases and/or university student services.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Perform specialized activities by providing program representatives/academic records counselors and departments with accurate and current information regarding the transferability of courses taken at other colleges and universities for the program which a student intends to pursue, or complete at APU.
- Evaluate transfer work from regionally accredited colleges and universities, CSU Breadth, IGETC certification, Advanced Placement and CLEP for course equivalency with APU courses to clear major, GE requirements, and elective courses.
- Performs transfer evaluations for applicants as requested by the Graduate and Professional Recruitment Program Representatives in Azusa and at the Regional Centers in a timely manner.
- Record and maintain pertinent information in evaluation process to respond to student inquiries and track completed and pending evaluations.
- Post transferable courses to the student's academic record initially at the time of admission, and on an ongoing bases as official transcripts are submitted by the student which enables students, Academic Record's Counselors and academic departments to access the student's academic advising report which provides clarity on the student's progress in completing an APU degree.
- Interpret and communicate policies regarding evaluation to Program Representatives, Academic Records Counselors, and academic departments for counseling students and staff.
- Research and review college catalogs to compare course descriptions and syllabi to verify equivalency with APU and create transfer guidelines for prospective students.
- Participates in development of Graduate and Professional policies and practices as related to the processes for all evaluations, tracking and degree audits.
- Represents the Office of the Registrar on assignments and committees as delegated by the Registrar or Associate Registrar.
- Informs the Associate Registrar of situations or pending problems which would prevent the delivery of services to students, faculty, or staff, or lessen the quality of these services.
- Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the Associate Registrar.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.