Posting Number: 20171267S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 576-Dean, Professional Studies
The Executive Assistant provides a high level of administrative support to the Deans of the College of Professional Studies. Manages daily scheduling, meeting arrangements, itineraries, travel planning and travel arrangements, serves as the Dean's Office liaison to internal constituents within the College and Villanova University and maintains communication with several key external constituents (including corporate partners, program sponsors, and prospective donors). Develops and establishes processes and systems to ensure efficient and effective functioning of the Dean's office. Carries out all administrative, scheduling, coordination, and planning activities associated with the work of the college and offers administrative support for the Deans. Assists in strategic projects, as needed. Manages, organizes, and maintains all Dean's office files. Processes all procurement card statements, expense reports, and reimbursement for the Deans.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and maintains meeting schedules and calendars for the Deans, which requires internal and external interaction to coordinate a variety of meetings and appointments with various executive constituencies. Coordinates scheduling, meeting arrangements (reserves meeting space, catering, formal and electronic invitations, RSVPs), itineraries, and travel for the Deans. Manages the work flow of the Deans to ensure a smooth daily work flow.
- Independently gathers information and prepares briefings for the Deans which detail all pertinent information (background information, historical relationship, speaking points, goals, and attendee lists) depending on the nature of the meetings/events; recruiting events; development events and meetings with constituents; student events; welcomes; and kick-offs.
- Advances and supports open communication between all parties who support the Deans Office, including CPS Directors and Managers, Students, and Department Chairs. Attends meetings and prepares minutes for the periodic meetings of College working committees and other meetings as needed by the Dean. Responds to inquiries and requests from offices across campus.
- On behalf of the Deans, and in collaboration with the CPS Directors, corresponds with external constituents and members of the College advisory councils. Coordinates all College meeting dates and logistics. Provides strategic assistance with drafting follow-up correspondence on behalf of the Deans to all constituents.
- Independently carries out all administrative, scheduling, coordination, and planning activities associated with the work of the college. This includes support for financial tracking and reporting for college functional units and staff. Process sick, vacation schedule and maintains out of office calendar for CPS. Will act as the College of Professional Studies point of contact for the Payroll department. In addition, seeks out and provides all information related to the college processes to the Deans in a systematic and prompt manner.
- Manages, organizes, and maintains all records and files both digital and paper for the Deans Office. Processes procurement card statements, expense reports, and requests for payment and reimbursement for the Deans. Manages the provision and maintenance of all office supplies and technological equipment for the Deans and CPS offices.
- Performs additional duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- 5+ years experience providing support at an executive level.
- The candidate must be highly proficient in executive office management and travel arrangements, scheduling, and event planning. The candidate must be proficient in all standard computer applications (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the creation and management of filing processes. Banner experience preferred. The candidate must work and solve problems proactively and independently within a fast-paced environment. He/she must be capable of handling pressure within a fast-paced business environment, and be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously while serving constituents effectively.
- The candidate selected will have exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team. He/she will be an upbeat self-starter with a proven ability to consistently maintain the highest level of discretion, diplomacy, attention to detail, and the ability to preserve confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computers and standard office equipment.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree strongly preferred.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 03/30/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Band: H
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10941
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency