The Center for Evidence Synthesis in Health in the School of Public Health is seeking a Grant and Financial Coordinator to provide high-level grant, financial and administrative support for the Manager of Finance and Administration, Center Directors and other Center faculty/staff.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversight of Center pre-award activity
- High-level service to faculty, students, staff and Manager of Finance and Administration in preparing grant/contract proposals
- Provide high-level grant post- and contract-award administration
- Review and reconcile all Center expenditures on sponsored funds in accordance with University policies and procedures, budget plans, and funding agenciesâ?? terms and conditions
- Day-to-day oversight of Center budgets
- General administrative support to the Center in support of sponsored research.
The successful candidate will manage pre- and post-award funding from grants and contracts, gift accounts, as well as Center budgets, coordinate and manage electronic and paper-based grant and contract proposal submissions and assist Principal Investigators (PIs) in all aspects of proposal preparation and drafting budgets. The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring expenses, reconciling accounts and payroll accruals in accordance with federal, University and Center guidelines, reconciling expenditures on sponsored and Center accounts, preparing financial closeouts for sponsored funds; providing oversight of spending and budgetary compliance, award closures and fiscal management of grants and contracts and acts as a liaison to the Office of Sponsored Projects.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5 years of financial and budget experience, preferably in an academic setting.
- Fundamental accounting skills required, including the ability to analyze and reconcile accounts
- Excellent communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Experience with Excel spreadsheets (formulas, data tables, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize own workload
- Proficient in word-processing (MS Word), Google aps software applications preferred
- Experience preparing budgets for grant proposals preferred
- Experience with COEUS or InfoEd (Proposal Submission Applications)
- Experience with, or knowledge of: ERA Commons, PubMed, Fastlane
- Submit Cover letter with application (Required)
- Background check (criminal) will be required of finalist
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-22-07:00
Job Posting Title:Grant and Financial Coordinator
Department:School of Public Health
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.