Chinese American International School
Lower School English Teaching Associate
This is an English language position, NO Chinese language proficiency required.
Non-Exempt, full-time position
Join the vibrant community at the Chinese American International School's Lower School campus as a Lower School English Teaching Associate. Become part of a team striving to be the world’s most innovative, inspiring, and influential Chinese English dual-language immersion school.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate finds resonance with CAIS’s mission to Embrace Chinese, Become your Best Self, and Create your Place in the World. As CAIS aims to empower independent, effective, and inspired learners, we look for a candidate adept at student-centered pedagogy such as differentiation, use of assessment to inform teaching, and Workshop-based instruction. Our new team member will be responsible for planning and implementing developmentally appropriate lessons, supporting the learning of each student in the classroom, assisting teacher with classroom management and implement teacher’s plans in small group and whole group lessons. CAIS continues to work strategically on creating an inclusive environment where all faculty, students and families are supported in their individual identities and welcomes all applicants who aim to actively support our diverse community.
CAIS offers a dynamic dual culture setting, in which faculty are immersed in a culture of language learners. We look for a candidate who will embrace CAIS’s work to create an equitable, inclusive environment where all faculty, students, and families are supported in their individual identities. We welcome all applicants who aim to actively support and participate in our diverse and inclusive community.
The CAIS Board of Trustees and administration are expressly dedicated to ensuring that CAIS is a great place work. As a critical component of our Strategic Vision, the school has committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and rewarding top-tier faculty and excellent educators with a benefits package including:
· Robust opportunities for professional development, support, and growth
· Comprehensive insurance package (covering 100% of premiums for individual employee)
· Position responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· In coordination with the Teacher, plan and implement engaging lessons in alignment with the curriculum for individual, small and large group activities.
· Support implementation of the Teacher’s positive behavioral, social and emotional learning systems in the classroom and on the playground.
· Support the educational program by challenging, supporting and engaging students.
· Modify and adapt the Teacher’s lessons to meet the varied needs of the students in the classroom
· Lead a study hall and perform duties in the Extended Day program.
· Provide for the physical safety of children through anticipation and removal of hazards, visual observation of children and by appropriately responding to injuries.
· As needed when not working with students, assist in the daily operations of the classroom, including correcting papers, preparing and organizing materials and assessing student performance.