| Cornell Recreational Services offers a wide variety of fitness, wellness, sports and open recreation activities for Cornell students, staff, faculty, retirees and their spouses/partners. Through our broad-based programs, we try to promote a healthy and holistic lifestyle throughout the campus community.|
We are currently looking for energetic, hardworking, and friendly individuals to work at our Fitness Centers May 15th to August 17th 2017.
Fitness Monitors are responsible for greeting members, verifying memberships, cleaning exercise equipment, and actively supervising the fitness facility. Staff is also responsible for assisting members where necessary and responding to emergency situations should they arise. Employees must also be able to answer basic fitness questions and provide quality customer service to all our members. All staff start at $10 per hour. In compliance with federal regulations, hired individuals need to present original documentation that establishes identity and employment eligibility no later than your first day of work.
Flexible hours, but must work at least 10 hours per week and a maximum of 40 hour per week.
**Includes a free summer membership to the Cornell Fitness Centers**
**Continuing Cornell Students, should apply at: http://fitness.cornell.edu/Jobs/Fitness-Monitor/ **
- Must be CPR, AED, and First Aid certified with rescue breathing through the American Red Cross or American Heart Association to begin working shifts in the fitness centers.
- Certification classes/ challenges are offered through our organization once you have been hired or through the American Red Cross.
- Certifications must be within 1 year of class or challenge date.
- Those with current CPR, AED, and First Aid certifications and a strong fitness background are encouraged to apply.
- Must be at least 18 years old by May 14, 2017.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Relocation assistance for this position is not available.
When applying through our system, please remember to attach your application materials (Cover letter and Resume/CV) in either Microsoft Word or PDF format. In the Experience section of your application, use the Paperclip icon to search for files or use the 'Drop Files Here' box to manually drag documents into your application.For a more detailed description and instructions on how to apply online please go to https://hr.cornell.edu/jobs/how-we-hire.
Please note: Cornell Employees must apply through the Internal Cornell Career site.
University Job Title:Temp Serv Clerk
Level:No Grade - Hourly
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Jose Delgado
Number of Openings:8
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-03-28-07:00