Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Learning Enrichment Office Manager serves as the primary customer service contact, exhibiting a problem-solving and service-centered approach when interacting with students, faculty, staff, or community guests. The Office Manager is responsible for assisting with overall office services and management support for testing, tutoring, disability service coordination, and supporting the director as needed. Additional responsibilities include assisting in supervising and managing student workers, proctoring exams, and maintaining office supplies and equipment for the Learning Enrichment Center.
- Two years of college, bachelor's degree highly preferred.
- Five years of full-time clerical or related experience. Experience in an educational environment with students is highly desired.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
- Serves as primary customer service contact by phone, email, and in-person, exhibiting a problem-solving, service-centered approach.
- Communicates with faculty, staff, community, and external agencies regarding accessing and scheduling testing services.
- Provides professional, technical, and clerical support in delivering and maintaining services, programs, equipment, and systems for all testing services including all forms of college-level examinations. This includes new student placement testing, College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DSST, Foreign Language Waiver Tests (FLATS), distance learning examinations, and correspondence examinations for other colleges and universities.
- Maintain confidentiality of student test records as required by the Federal Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Assists in the secure maintenance of all examinations housed and delivered to the LEC. Adheres to both institutional national (NCTA) standards, guidelines and protocol related to testing.
- Tracks and maintains budget records, prepares and processes purchase requisitions, check requests and expense reports, etc. Tracks, processes, and monitors all student and staff timecards for payroll. Collects and deposits test proctoring fees.
- Organizes and maintains computerized record-keeping system, tutor/tutee appointment records and data files. Tracks, maintains and prepares statistical data on LEC service usage.
- Assists students in understanding placement scores and re-test options. Also provides advising to students as to testing alternatives for completion of degree requirements. Provides instruction and technical support to students during testing.
- Assists with testing accommodations for students with disabilities; including but not limited to scheduling and proctoring exams, assisting students with use of adaptive/assistive technology and reading/transcribing examinations. Ensures proper testing environment and delivery of tests to faculty.
- In collaboration with the LEC director, recruits, hires, and supervises student clerical workers.
- Provide administrative program/project support for the Director and other LEC staff. Performs a variety of other duties related to the job description as assigned by the Director.
- Excellent Word for Windows word processing skills. Type 60 wpm with high degree of accuracy. Good oral and written communication skills, group communication skills, with ability to proofread and edit materials.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.