At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Department of Patient Financial Services and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Program Coordinator II is responsible for:
- Serving as a liaison and program advocate, coordinating the activities and daily operations of revenue cycle operations with its stakeholders in an effort to support a smooth translation of clinical and financial needs. Assisting in the development of new or educational interface to support the departments goals and objectives.
- Conferring with and advising staff and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and revenue cycle objectives; referring to appropriate department person when unable to respond.
- Preparing periodic reports and records on support, progress, status or other special reports for management
- Evaluating program effectiveness to develop improved methods.
- Assisting with written communication and or process improvement initiatives.
- Planning workshops, meetings or design sessions for process improvement; coordinating logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
- Interacting and maintaining liaison with clinical departments, contracting, payers, patients, and patient financial services in facilitating program objective.
To qualify you must have:
- An Associate's degree with 2 years of relevant experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience with eligibility, referrals, authorization and single case contracting highly preferred.
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
- The ability to work with diverse internal and external constituencies.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Finance-Patient Access Center
Standard Hours Per Week: 40