The position is for a part-time (18 hrs/week) research assistant in the Clinical and Affective Neuroscience Laboratory. The RA will work on several ongoing studies assisting with literature review, data analysis, and report writing. Specifically, the RA will help with analysis of a qualitative study of meditation-related experiences called â??The Varieties of Contemplative Experienceâ?? and a NIH-funded clinical trial that compares the effects of different types of meditation.
- Required: BA/BS; major in neuroscience or related field
- Preferred: Certification of training to work with human subjects (CITI). Certification will be required within 1 year of employment.
- Knowledge of basic science and the ability to read and evaluate scientific articles (neuroanatomy)
- Prior research experience and interest in trauma is preferred
- Knowledge of neuroscience and psychology, including psychopathology, neuro-anatomy and neurochemistry.
- Strong writing skills
- Detailed oriented; highly analytical
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Understanding of statistical analysis in SPSS
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work both independently and in teams
- Maintain high levels of integrity about confidentiality
Criminal background and education check required
Recruiting Start Date:2017-03-29-07:00
Job Posting Title:Research Assistant
Department:Psychiatry and Human Behavior
Worker Sub-Type:Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type:Part time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:18
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.