This role leads projects designed to accomplish an organizational area's systems requirements in regard to workplace endpoint technology. This position develops, schedules and coordinates activities ensuring adherence to NU standards and information systems goals and objectives. Coordinates and ensures completion of contracted work. Oversees staff completing orders and repairs on a daily basis per University standards.
This specific role will be one of the three technical support specialist leads for the Feinberg IT team. The team will be organized into three groups, tier 1 support, tier 2/3 support and client management.
- Researches and anticipates industry change and impact on workplace endpoint technology.
- Analyzes user's computing environment and recommends or coordinates changes as necessary
- Determines work strategies and assignments to meet department workload.
- Assist staff in answering questions or supporting faculty and staff.
- Consults with users to assess needs and provide guidance and support regarding workplace endpoint technology.
- Manages change through collaboration with staff organizations, administrative units and other invested University service divisions.
- Develops project plans and partners with users to prioritize projects, daily work, and plans for future initiatives.
- Utilize information technology systems to meet specific client goals.
- Leads projects partnering with users to deliver optimum service in regard to installation and maintenance of workplace endpoint technology.
- Leads projects to diagnose and resolve complex problems, questions and inquiries from clients using judgment and extensive experience.
- Demonstrates application of advanced knowledge of skills, methods, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Independently plans and prioritizes project and operational work.
- Mentors, trains, evaluates performance, and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 5 years' experience in consulting, project management, training, technical support, or user service, in an information technology environment or other relevant experience required.
- Work history demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
- Experience as both an end-user and administrator in service areas such as user support, desktop support, help desk management, and documentation or other relevant experience required.
- Please see information highlighted below.
- Infrastructure (extends across applications): Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Box Collaborative Storage, identity management/provisioning, information security, Linux Operating System, Mac OS X Operating System Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Lync, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook), Microsoft SharePoint, Server hardware, Storage hardware, Windows Operating System
- Compliance: FERPA, FISMA, HIPAA, HITECH
- Analytical: critical thinking, Debugging, decision making, judgment, problem solving, read & interpret technical drawings, Troubleshooting, use-case analysis
- Project: collaboration and teamwork, facilitate collaboration, functional documentation, organizational skills, planning
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Experience in customer service / customer support environment
- Experience in an academic medical center
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, management of own time, and respect for the time of others
- Excellent planning and scheduling skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively control and participate in multiple projects of varying priorities in a consistently professional manner
- Ability to establish and maintain respectful and effective relationships with management, co-workers and customers
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.