| The Department of Global Health and Population seeks to improve global health through education, research, and service from a population-based perspective. The twenty-first century has arrived with complex changes in demographic patterns, disease burdens, our environments and health policies. These changes are affecting all societies, rich and poor, developed and developing. The department brings together disciplinary expertise in many areas to leverage different perspectives and approaches to global health issues.|
The department's approach combines the analysis of population and health using quantitative and qualitative methods, the investigation of policies that affect general and reproductive health, and a concern with the politics, ecology and ethics of health and development. Our faculty members are engaged in cutting-edge research in such areas as health metrics, experimental economics / randomized trials, social and economic development, health policy, longitudinal aging studies, health systems, women and children's health, infectious and chronic diseases, health equity, human rights and humanitarian relief – particularly in the context of developing countries.
Reporting to the Finance and Research Administration Team Lead (TL), this position will provide financial support within the Department of Global Health and Population (GHP) at the Harvard T.H Chan School of Public Health (SPH).
The primary responsibility of the Financial Specialist will be to coordinate payroll duties as part of the effort distributions process for a subset of GHP's financial and grant portfolios.
This support will include:
- Overseeing review of monthly, bi-weekly and weekly payroll based on effort distribution input from grant managers (GM) within his/her portfolio to ensure accuracy and timely changes
- Maintaining and updating the shared drive files that contain annual distribution sheets and related backup documentation
- Ensuring that all salary journals/cost transfers within her/his portfolio are planned out and executed by either her/himself or the GM
- Allocating over-the-cap salary on NIH awards
- Overseeing all costing changes made within her/his portfolio; take the lead on solving complex salary and payroll issues and discrepancies
- Assisting grant managers (GM) on several post-award functions such as setup and maintenance of financial reports, input of sponsor project budgets into financial systems, and preparation of audit selections, when needed
- Providing support to the Senior Manager of Administration on payroll issues, on as needed basis
- Completing various related job duties as required
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard Chan School to support our mission of health research & education and be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 054
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers