FAST Assistant III University of California, Santa Cruz Financial Affairs/FAST JOB #: 1707069
FULL TIME; CAREER Minimum Starting Salary: $20.62/hourly
UCSC strives to embrace diversity in all its forms; it strives to be an inclusive community that fosters an open, enlightened & productive environment.
Under the general direction of the Director of Accounting Services, the Financial Administrative Services and Transactions department (FAST) operates as part of Accounting Services, within Financial Affairs. FAST provides technical and professional accounts payable services to the University of California Santa Cruz campus and its vendors/suppliers.
Under the supervision of the FAST Team Supervisors, the incumbent is responsible for specific accounts payable functions and provides customer service to the campus and over 60,000 vendors. The FAST Assistant III position requires extensive knowledge of the FIS Banner system and the ability to work well with a variety of campus customers and vendors. The FAST Assistant uses the following resources extensively: various campus web sites, the UC Accounting Manual, Business and Finance Bulletins and the Banner Financial Information System. Comprehensive knowledge is required of FIS Banner and the policies & procedures associated with Purchasing (i.e. unit blankets, purchase authorizations, quick requisitions, conflicts of interest) and Accounts Payable (i.e. check write processing, the travel program, and direct payments). The incumbent should also be familiar with Purchasing Cards and various best practices and restrictions related to their use.
Major functional areas:
- Divisional and Departmental Support and Service: Primary contact with assigned departments and divisions regarding processing and status of vendor payments and disbursements.
- Reimbursements/Vendor Payment: Ensure timely and accurate reimbursements to end users and payments to vendors; provide training, guidance and support to vendors that provide goods and services to the campus. Serve as a liaison between unit, central office and vendor. This responsibility includes ensuring that University of California policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Procedure Development: Assist in the development and implementation of effective campus accounting procedures related to disbursements.
- Training and Guidance: In collaboration with the Accounts Payable staff, provide ad hoc consulting advice and guidance to campus units.
Within the context of the responsibilities of the FAST Office, the FAST Assistant is expected to perform the following duties:
- Provide customer service and direction to units consistent with campus and University objectives and policies.
- Work in an efficient, organized and ethical manner.
- Exercise careful stewardship over University funds.
- Effectively manage time.
- Communicate appropriately and effectively with others.
- Work constructively with others towards achieving unit and campus objectives.
This position is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Scotts Valley.
Relevant experience demonstrating the ability to apply complex University, Federal, or State agency policies and procedures.
Experience working in Accounts Payable within a complex business environment using an integrated data processing system.
Experience implementing and interpreting accounts payable related policies and procedures.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate diplomacy, discretion, and tact in relations with co-workers, university administration, government agencies, staff, and support personnel.
Experience working in a customer service environment with the ability to provide service to clients and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit they must be submitted electronically via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site (http://jobs.ucsc.edu ) on or before the initial review date. Computers are available at the UCSC Staff Human Resources office located at 1201 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz. For further information or to request disability accommodation call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service 800-735-2922. The University of California, Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.