Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide confidential risk and medication adherence assessments to clients in order to assist with risk reduction and adherence.
- Develops PrEP/PEP resources available in the area for the clients in need of the services; develop a network with PrEP/PEP providers.
- Provides access to biomedical prevention services (PrEP/PEP), ensuring access, follow up, and adherence to PrEP/PEP, including supportive services that can enhance risk reduction, behavior change, adoption, and maintenance.
- Provides, and ensures access and active referrals to the screening of STIs.
- Collaborates with project staff in advertising and media promotion of the CDU and OASIS Clinic HIV prevention and treatment programs.
- Serve as alternate for providing HIV antibodies testing on-site and through outreach into the community, including community events, bars, clubs, beauty salons, barbershops, churches and other community settings where the target population socializes and/or congregate as needed.
- Provides HIV test results to individuals who have tested for HIV, and HCV.
- Offers Partner Services to individuals who test positive for HIV
- Performs follow-up risk assessments with individuals who test positive and negative for HIV to reinforce the individuals realistic perception of risk
- Maintains communication between inter, and intra-agency services providers for successful coordination of services.
- Maintains records of all activities.
- Attendance at required agency meetings, and external meetings with other local providers.
- Documents program activities, and reports outcomes to the Project Director.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in ensuring that participant files are in the correct order and that informs team members when files are less than complete.
- Conducts community outreach and/or attend community events at a minimum of 8 unique locations per month.
- Ability to understand and use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and basic computer software programs in order to perform job effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with persons from target groups in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Ability to provide positive feedback, empathy, encouragement and guidance to program participants.
- Ability to display productive leadership behavior and encourage a learning environment for staff and participants.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, program participants, service providers and community members.
- Ability to recognize and adhere to professional boundaries.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed, to assist in reaching goals and attend community events.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health related field, or comparable years of qualifying educational/work experience.
- Experience working within a substance abuse, human service, or social service setting preferred.
- The ability to perform highly detailed work with sustained attention and care while providing/obtaining information on numerous inquiries is paramount to success in this position.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional stooping. Frequent standing. Constant walking, sitting, climbing, reaching high/low levels, finger movement, feeling, speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally required to work in confined space.
- The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent work on a variety of unrelated tasks. Constant calculating interrupted work, work on a variety of interrelated tasks, and use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability, and ingenuity.
Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.