Applications received by 04/23/17 will be given first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. The position will start Fall 2017.
Annual salary is based on a 173-day contract with a minimum of $55,354.06; beginning salary will be determined by the assessment of the candidate's education and related experience. New hires cannot be placed above $59,353.19 unless exceptional circumstances prevail. This position is covered under the Bellevue College Association of Higher Education (BCAHE) union; the individual in this position must become a member of the Association, or pay a representation fee to the Association, within 30 calendar days after date of hire.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College (BC) is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 40% students of color and over 1,700 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
As a full-time faculty for Digital Marketing, the instructor shall perform duties and functions under the general direction of the Dean of Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) and shall be responsible primarily to the faculty Program Chair for Business.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL DUTIES
Teaching and Students:
- Teach applied/technical digital marketing courses that may include – but are not limited to – introduction to marketing, digital marketing, digital platforms, international marketing, market research, social media marketing, SEM, SEO, mobile marketing, ecommerce strategy, measurement and analytics, and consumer behavior
- Provide applied learning by helping lead business and marketing student activities such as DECA and Phi Beta Lambda
- Assess student learning outcomes using a variety of assessment methods
- Promote program and recruit students from a diverse population
- Provide ongoing guidance in student career development
- Participate in advising students and improving student success
- Foster a positive, caring, equitable learning environment where diversity and pluralism are advanced
Currency and Relevancy:
- Maintain current knowledge and skills in digital marketing
- Help develop and improve curriculum for the program
- Participate in on-going review and revision of course materials, incorporating diverse perspective
- Participate in professional development activities related to industry in accordance with requirements from the college administration
- Develop and recruit advisory committee members and meet with potential employers
- Consult and/ or collaborate with colleagues at other colleges, businesses, or professional organizations
- Represent the college in community events or statewide inter-institutional initiatives
Department and College Governance
- Participate in program activities, such as mentoring adjunct faculty
- Participate in program, division and college governance
- Perform other reasonable duties and functions that may be assigned by the President, the Executive Dean or the Division Chair or Program Chair