About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the Associate Director (AD) for Architectural Planning in the Office of University Planning (OUP), the Campus Architect will:
- assist in implementing the planning component of capital projects for OUP,
- assist in providing assurance that facility and space needs are being met by participating in capital program planning,
- assist in establishing design and planning standards for the university,
- work towards the enhancement of accessibility as it relates to the physical campus, and
- assist both the Assistant Vice President for University Planning and the AD in the development, review, and approval of campus planning and feasibility projects.
Successful candidate will rely on experience and judgment to accomplish tasks.
- Advanced degree in Architecture, or BS in Architecture and work experience equivalent to an advanced degree.
- Registration or demonstrated ability to be registered as a Professional Architect in Virginia within 12 months of employment.
- Considerable experience as an Architect.
- Considerable experience as a project manager, including knowledge of site design with an emphasis on construction processes, and minor/major site logistics.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Excellent communications skills including negotiation and a working knowledge of online coordination and project management technology.
- Ability to work in and develop a team atmosphere and provide superior client services in a diverse environment.
- Proficiency with current office computer software including word processing, and spreadsheets.
-Proficient use in computer aided drafting software (e.g., AutoCad, Microstations, etc.).
- Experience working in a university setting.
- Experience with Commonwealth of Virginia (or other public agency) directives and higher education facilities requirements.
- BIM, and GIS experience.
- Knowledge of construction delivery scheduling software (MS Project, Suretrak, Primavera, etc.).
Employee Category: Administrative and Professional Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Non-Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 04/24/2017