Student Services Coordinator - 74430
The Office of the Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning (VPTL), is seeking a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join the Student & Client Services Team.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Assist in making first level decisions on issues regarding admission, financial aid, housing, registrar services, visa services, student life, advising, career counseling and academic services. Resolve routine issues within own unit using defined policies and practices and professional knowledge as reference.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Review and administer student records, analyze data, and make recommendations that require interpretation and influence decisions on routine issues.
- Collaborate with other staff, faculty and other offices to resolve complex issues.
- Contribute to developing and analyzing review process of offerings, policies and programs.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources, prepare reports. Contribute to identifying trends, needs analysis, participate in the implementation and testing of technology.
- Contribute to development of marketing materials and strategies, assist in planning and developing programming activities, outreach functions.
- Provide advice to students on a range of issues, including, but not limited to, academic progress, academic program policies, career plans, accessibility, community standards, etc., in order to assist them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
- Apprise students of research, fellowship and scholarship opportunities and participate in related student recruitment and selection.
- Serve as a subject matter resource to other departments; represent unit/department.
- May assist with the administration of financial processes.
- Participate as a member of a project team.
- May train and supervise other staff, volunteers, student and temporary workers.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors degree and one year of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the Universitys Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of Californias Silicon Valley, is one of the worlds leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 that is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote healthy and fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Applicants are required to upload a cover letter and rsum to be considered for this opening.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you for your interest!
Job: Student Services
Location: Vice Provost for Teaching and Learning
Job Code: 7501