Under the direct supervision of the Associate Registrar, the Front-Line Coordinator serves as the initial contact with anyone seeking services and information from the Office of the Registrar. The Front-Line Coordinator is both an on-line processor of information transactions such as grade changes and schedule changes, as well as an information advisor for all student related information. The Front-Desk Coordinator is thoroughly versed in FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act 1974) and is held to the highest standards of confidentiality in his/her work. In appropriate circumstances the Front-Line Coordinator refers students to other positions within the Office of the Registrar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Front-Line Reception & Advising - Serves as initial contact for student, faculty, and parent assistance. The dissemination of accurate and official college information is absolutely essential, as well as the ability to provide excellent, compassionate customer service, even if under duress. Facilitates the resolution of student inquiries and problems alone, or in conjunction with the staff of the Office of the Registrar, Counseling Center, Admissions, Bursar, Financial Aid. Makes referrals as necessary.
Possesses a dynamic and extensive working knowledge of all policies and procedures regarding the Office of the Registrar and the college curriculum, as well as changes to them as they relate to front-line student assistance. Responsible for effectively answering student inquiries and advising students on all policies and procedures associated with the Office of the Registrar including: curriculum changes, course availability, prerequisites, credit by exam, advance placement, transfer credit, semester level status, private lesson policy, ensemble policies and openings, performance course policies and openings, part-time policy, advance "W" policy, declaration of major/minor procedures, advance schedule changes, changes of program, entering student schedule changes, ESL charge adjustments, and check-in policies. A familiarity with policies of other offices and general college information is also essential. Provides accurate referrals to counselors, department advisors, chairs, and various offices around the College.
Must be able to effectively communicate and to consistently formulate sound academic decisions with Department Chairs, Faculty and Deans, and other Student Affairs offices, with regard to policies and procedures to ensure academic integrity within the Office of the Registrar.
Maintains exemplary customer service skills: phone, in-person, email and with other departments within Berklee Community. Provides accurate client referrals to other offices.
Technical Assistance - Serve as initial contact for students during the online registration and check-in periods; Diagnose & troubleshoot technical issues pertaining to registration; advise user on appropriate actions needed for resolving issues; redirect problems to appropriate resource. Responsible for alerting OREG members of any technical problems with the network/Colleague as reported by students.
2) Information Transaction Processing - Process on-line all requested and/or submitted transactions, including: verification of enrollments, student grade changes, schedule changes, schedule changes, declaration/change of majors/minors, credit by exams, student initiated withdrawals, change of enrollment status, change of name/address, change of levels, change of programs, authorizations for facility use, registration cancellations. Involved in the generating of student charge adjustments to insure proper student charges in conjunction with student schedules. Responsible for knowing all policies related to these transactions, which transactions require prior authorizations, and advising students regarding the policies and procedures in an effective, proactive manner. Responsible for keeping inventory of forms in the "honeycomb" & communicating supply needs to the Administrative/Publications Assistant. In the case where a form may need revision, communicating ideas for revision to the Administrative/Publications Assistant.
3) Transcripts - Responsible for fulfilling transcript requests including processing requests; researching records, building and updating records, word processing completed transcripts not currently on-line; placing the Registrar's signature and College's seal on transcripts according to established guidelines; mailing official transcripts in a timely fashion; keeping a database of all processed requests and responding to all queries regarding transcript requests. Responsible for generating and mailing incidental grade reports upon request.
- Semesterly Record Clean-Up-Responsible for running records Clean-up reports before Check-In and Registration events; Program Changes, Incorrect Part-Tme codes, Catalog Changes, Incorrect Declaration of Majors.
4) Event Management - Organize, implement and access two academic events within The Office of the Registrar; Check-in and Add/Drop. Develop and produce signs and other informational media for respective events. Hours will include morning and evening hours. Responsible for facilitating Graduation Ticket Distribution. Distributes Commencement Ceremony invitations as well as Commencement Concert tickets. Maintains and updates ticket information on computer database daily.
- Faciltates Frontline Outreach Meeting with other Frontline Colleagues in Berklee Community. Works with Associate Registrar to set agenda topics and discussion points. Responsible for follow up meetings and communication.
Event Services Support - Assist in additional event activities of the Office of the Registrar, including, Registration, and Graduation, 5-Week and Guitar Sessions. Hours will include evening and weekend hours.
5) Position Enhancement - Responsible for forwarding the Front-Line position towards the future in accordance with the goals set by the Office of the Registrar and with the College’s Strategic Initiatives. Responsible for updating and maintaining procedural documentation.
6) Projects Assistance - Responsible for assisting the Assistant Registrars, Process/Systems Manager and office Coordinators in projects that include: organizing and implementing Registration and add/drop, developing and producing signs and other informational media for Check-In, Registration, and Graduation events, assisting in developing the procedural manual and mailings.
7) Other duties as assigned