Founded in 1969, Stockton University, New Jersey’s Distinctive Public University, is also one of America’s most distinctive public universities, consistently ranking among the nation’s finest educational institutions and among the top ten public Master’s institutions in the Northeast. Stockton proudly offers the academic, technological, and cultural advantages of a large institution combined with the community spirit of a small liberal arts college. Stockton is noted for combining an outstanding interdisciplinary approach to graduate and undergraduate education with all the qualities of an outstanding employer. We offer a unique vibrant working environment, a wealth of work related opportunities and outstanding employee benefits. Stockton is committed to attracting, encouraging and retaining a qualified workforce to support the mission of the University. The University is located in the Pinelands National Reserve in southern New Jersey, about one hour from Philadelphia, two hours from New York City, three hours from the Baltimore/Washington area, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. The University’s location, active, stimulating campus life and diverse community make Stockton University a great place to work!
Qualifications: This professional position requires the willingness to assist with the coordination and implementation of a comprehensive graduate recruitment, marketing, and enrollment strategy.
Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor's degree is required. Ideal candidate will have prior experience in higher education. Experience in using technology/software (e.g. Recruiter, Banner, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, web management, etc.) a must. Excellent interpersonal communication; ability to multitask and interest in marketing academic programs through enrollment management technologies, the web, open houses, and diverse media channels. The successful candidate will be required to learn and utilize various types of electronic information systems used by the University and Graduate Studies. The successful candidate must demonstrate initiative, creativity, flexibility, and a keen willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented office.
Job Description: The Office of Graduate Studies at Stockton University is seeking a Professional Services Specialist 4 to support the graduate admissions enterprise. The Professional Services Specialist 4 is responsible for the technology used to assist in the planning, coordinating and implementation of a comprehensive graduate recruitment, marketing, and enrollment strategy. The Professional Services Specialist 4 will work collaboratively with the director and staff to achieve graduate enrollment management goals. Consult a full list of job duties and responsibilities below.
Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Director of Graduate Enrollment Management, the Professional Services Specialist 4 is responsible for supporting the Office of Graduate Studies by performing the following:
- Assist in the development of a streamlined comprehensive electronic recruitment communication plan, including a key role in maintaining electronic correspondences, online applications for graduate admission, and the creation and maintenance of a graduate recruitment and prospective communication system.
- Provide technical support, testing, maintenance, development, and implementation of the University’s enrollment management software for graduate recruitment and graduate admissions i.e. Banner, CAS Application Systems, Exact Target, Extender, and Recruiter.
- Aid in the development and maintenance of a strategic constituent relationship management (CRM) efforts to ensure appropriate communication and service to prospective graduate students.
- Assists with the processing of graduate school applications in the University’s enrollment management system (Recruiter, Banner), along with creating, verifying, and mailing correspondences and reports in accordance with data privacy laws (FERPA).
- Coordinate correspondence with prospective students for graduate admissions, recruitment, and follow-up to enrollment, including maintaining records and files of applicants for admission.
- Monitor and provide suggestions for improving and facilitating technologies for graduate recruitment, applications, and enrollment.
- Assist in the preparation of graduate application files for review by the Graduate Program Directors; assist with the notification of Graduate Program Directors when files are ready to be reviewed and follow-up coordination of these efforts.
- Create, complies, and analyzes reports utilizing reporting software for database management, graduate enrollment management, reports, assessment, and presentations.
- Serve on the Banner Student Group, Data Standards and other related technology committees as the Graduate Studies representative.
- Represent graduate studies at internal and external enrollment management events as needed.
- Review transfer credits and assist in the data entry of graduate transfer credits.
- Coordinate, train, troubleshoot, and improve the online file review process on behalf of the graduate school and faculty admissions committees.
- Act as a liaison with Enrollment Management with regard to undergraduate admissions, especially early conditional admits to the graduate school and students in dual degree programs.
- Perform other admissions related tasks and duties as assigned by the Director, and/or the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.