The Assistant Director, Revenue Cycle Operations Support Services reports directly to the Medical Group Director of Revenue and Operations Management providing leadership and direction to the support functions of the revenue cycle. The AD must have a thorough understanding of the entire revenue cycle process, including front-end registration and point-of-care processes. The AD will provide leadership and set priorities for multiple teams responsible for provider enrollment, cash posting, credit resolution, payor contract compliance, correspondence, and mail services. The AD will also co-develop denial mitigation and resolution strategies in partnership with the Assistant Director-Core AR Services.
- Motivates and inspires others to work toward goals. Fosters an environment of trust among team members by encouraging employees to work together to accomplish goals. Empowers and supports independent thinking. Provides Employees with necessary information and resources.
- Does not avoid conflict situations. Effectively conveys a difference of opinion, resolves conflict in a constructive manner and provides relevant guidance for managers to resolve internal and external issues.
Financial and Metric Management
- Establishes and monitors productivity standards, quality improvement and metrics for outstanding accounts receivable.
- Exhibits strong analytical abilities, using revenue cycle metrics/processes to measure and drive results (including days in A/R reduction, improved cash collections, and reduced aging) while minimizing financial risk to the organization.
- Directs teams responsible for provider enrollment, cash posting, credit resolution and mail/correspondence processing to ensure payments are posted in a timely manner and credits are resolved in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Ensures payments received are accurate according to negotiated payor agreements, securing additional payments when negotiated rates have not been adhered to.
- Guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes through the establishment of goals/metrics, setting high performance standards, and communicating the impact of each employee's work on team success.
- Thinks strategically considering the long-term impact when making decisions. Weighs fiscal responsibility when making decisions. Uses sound judgment to make decisions in the face of uncertainty.
- Coordinates with other business units to align goals and ensure a seamless revenue cycle exists from front to middle to back. Organizes information so it can be easily accessed and utilized.
- Meets directly with key stakeholders, management, providers and staff on a consistent basis to discuss metric performance and strategy as it relates to follow up of accounts, regulatory and payor requirement changes, physician/department education, and denial management.
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in finance, accounting, business management or healthcare administration.
- Five plus (5+) years of experience in a manager-level role with oversight of billing, collections or payment operations in a large, group practice.
- Prior experience with revenue cycle practice management systems interfacing with multiple clinical systems.
- ICD10, Medical Group financial management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Metrics driven with strong analytical and project management skills.
- Extensive knowledge of revenue cycle metrics and drivers, particularly in billing and collections (AR days, cash goals, aging, and compliance metrics) and the technology tools utilized to deliver and improve performance (claims clearinghouses, advanced AR management workflow tools, disputed claims management).
- MBA or Masters' Degree.
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in a senior level position with oversight of billing and collection operations in a large multi-specialty group practice in an Academic setting.
- Five plus (5+) years of progressive management responsibility for an organization in similar scope (500+ providers, revenues >$175M and 50+ FTEs).*Six Sigma or other Lean Management Training. *Epic Certified.