National Wraparound Lead Training Specialist - (170000HT)
The Institute for Innovation and Implementation (The Institute) at the University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Social Work has an opportunity for two (2) National Wraparound Lead Training Specialist positions. These positions are responsible for all functions related to training and technical assistance in multiple implementation settings nationally in Wraparound and provide guidance and content expertise specific to implementing this evidence informed practice model. As a training subject matter experts, these positions identify key trainings to implement, design the most complex curricula, evaluate, and develop tools to better assess training. These positions lead assignments including planning, executing, and status reporting of significant initiatives. The National Wraparound Lead Training Specialists also guide and mentor less experienced training staff in developing training and assessing its effectiveness.
The National Wraparound Lead Training Specialist works at The Institute for Innovation and Implementation within School of Social Work at the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB). The Institute serves as a national training, technical assistance, evaluation, policy, systems design, and finance center that is focused on children's behavioral health. The Institute supports state and local governments and organizations to implement effective systems and practices to best meet the needs of children and youth with complex behavioral needs and their families. This support is provided through three primary units within The Institute: Policy and Finance; Technical Assistance & Implementation; and Research & Evaluation. These units work in an integrated fashion to assist governmental and other organizational entities to achieve better outcomes for children, youth, and their families. These positions will be part of the National Wraparound Implementation Center www.nwic.org.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
These positions may allow for a remote workplace and may not require relocation to Maryland.
These positions require flexible hours including travel which will require overnight stays and air travel.
Travel time is approximately 50 percent.
- Responsible for leading the development and execution of training programs using generally accepted methods appropriate to the training field. Identifies future training needs and strategizes development of training through implementation and evaluation.
- Leads the development and delivery of curricula based on implementation science and adult learning principles.
- Leads the development, design, and delivery of training aids such as handouts/workbooks, PowerPoint presentations, online training, and evaluation/self-test using adult learning principles. Responsible for continuously evaluating effectiveness of training materials and revising as needed.
- Compiles, analyzes, and interprets training data. Assists and plans complex needs assessments to ensure curricula is aligned with department and organization needs. Present and facilitate training programs which apply adult learning concepts, effectively engage participants of varying learning needs and foster learning and implementation of best practice in the field.
- Prepares evaluation plans, evaluates individual training modules, prepares written reports of findings, and devises quality improvement plans.
- Establishes relationships/partnerships and collaborates with external and internal stakeholders to assess and develop long –term implementation and training plans to ensure needs are effectively met.
- Develops, recommends, modifies and implements policies and procedures and/or methods of technical assistance to meet changing needs and requirements and enforces standards.
- Provides input on the acquisition and implementation of services offered by outside vendors for use in effective training.
- Performs day-to-day operational duties such as: training and guiding interns and/or other less experienced training staff; develops policies, procedures, and/or methods for implementation of training; participating in field visits, and responding to requests and questions from internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Training, Human Resources, Public/Business Administration, Communications, Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other discipline appropriate to training being conducted.
Preferred Education: Master's degree in Human Services, Social Work, Psychology, Sociology or other discipline appropriate to training being conducted.
Experience: Five (5) years of related experience of which three (3) must be in relevant specialization.
Preferred Experience: Experience in Wraparound
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses a knowledge of position requirements and able to perform position in compliance with all requirements/regulations/laws. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trends and influences. Ability to learn new information and apply it to development programs to ensure that training schemes are up to date and useful. Capacity to exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintains productivity and uses knowledge strategies to increase knowledge base. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong critical thinking skills aid in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of approaches to problems and the viability of various solutions, and in helping trainees develop these skills themselves to get the most out of their experience. Skill in analyzing complex topics, policies, and procedures in order to prepare detailed summaries.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Possess excellent training and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Capable of interacting pleasantly and positively with other to meet customer expectations, and provide follow up with customers.
- Proficiency with personal computers, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Human Resource Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E1525F
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
: Social Work - The Institute for Innovation and Implementation
: Mar 22, 2017