Health Economics & Outcomes Research (HEOR) in Medical Affairs is responsible for developing, executing and disseminating value evidence for our products. In addition, the HEOR team is responsible for obtaining, synthesizing and communicating external insights back to the cross-functional groups within headquarters.
Your role: To serve as the single point of contact for all clinical and health outcomes needs for Medical Affairs and Market Access & Customer Solutions’ customers within the assigned accounts and/or region, while leading the health economics and outcomes research strategy development and implementation for an assigned brand, with the ultimate objective of advancing scientific leadership.
- Accountable for providing all the clinical and health outcomes support to key Medical Affairs’ and Market Access & Customer Solutions’ customers across EMD Serono’s entire product portfolio.
- Actively engages with the account management team, in-house HEOR, Medical Affairs colleagues and Commercial colleagues in the development and execution of account plans to proactively identify opportunities to utilize clinical and health outcomes resources to achieve the business objectives. Expectation is to be on-site in Rockland to actively engage with our internal colleagues quarterly at minimum, pending external customer engagements.
- Identifies, establishes and cultivates relationships with key health outcomes, medical, pharmacy and quality improvement experts within assigned accounts. Expectation of customer face to face interactions is 10-12 per month. All customer interactions of any type are required to be documented in the CRM system. Monthly reporting required.
- Collaborates with external customers and academics in the development and implementation of health outcomes educational programs or collaborative research initiatives.
- Ensures continuous and consistent communication with key internal partners on projects and customer related activities.
- Collaborates with Market Access & Customer Solutions department to ensure aligned value proposition for assigned customer and product(s).
- Leads the design, development and roll out of clinical and health outcomes resources for an assigned brand, including but not limited to managing budget and contracting process with external consultants, obtaining necessary internal approval (i.e. PSMR, DataVision), developing and executing the roll out of new materials.
- Designs, implements, and manages select outcomes research projects including but not limited to retrospective database analyses, economic models, slide kits, utilization management and quality improvement tools.
- Disseminates health outcomes research findings for assigned brand via poster presentations at scientific congresses and manuscript publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ensures that health outcomes output (publications, economic models, slide kits, etc.) are compliant with Regulatory, Compliance and Legal guidelines.
- Trains Market Access & Customer Solutions Team, and other teams as appropriate, on clinical and health outcomes resources (economic models, slide sets, etc.).
- Participates in Market Access & Customer Solutions meetings, advisory boards (may be required to lead), and attends select payer and health outcomes conferences (i.e. AMCP, ISPOR).
- Stays current on new clinical and health outcomes evidence for company product portfolio and key competitors, and ensures the team and management are informed not only of key events but also synthesizes information to relay impact on company and portfolio of products.
- Identifies areas of new opportunities to optimize customer interactions (new customer identification) and product value proposition.
- Responsible for monitoring key trends in the space of health economics, outcomes research, real-world data and payer customer actions and needs.