University Recreation and Wellness is looking to hire an aquatic professional with a passion for youth lessons, student programming, and aquatic safety with shared commitment to the University’s goal of advancing a positive, diverse and inclusive campus climate. The scope of the Aquatic Program covers the scheduling, organizing, supervision, and operations of the University Aquatic Center, the Cooke Hall pools, the St. Paul Gymnasium (SPG) pool and the aquatic programs and events conducted in those facilities. The Coordinator for Aquatic Programs and St. Paul Pool reports directly to the Assistant Director for Aquatics and is designed to manage all aspects of our Learn to Swim (LTS), Student, Youth and Community based aquatic programs, and to supervise operations and risk management at the SPG pool. The general work hours for this position are Sunday-Thursday, 10:00am-6:30pm.
• Manage and maintain Learn to Swim Program, including the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of LTS Coordinators, Senior Instructors, and Instructors.
• Develop and implement aquatic programming and special events for University students.
• Lead all marketing and promotion efforts for LTS and aquatic programs, working in concert with the RecWell Marketing department.
• Administer LTS student employee appointments and payroll.
• Collaborate with the Coordinator for Aquatic Operations and Events to staff SPG pool, programs and events.
• Schedule, plan and execute program in-services
• Teach Lifeguarding, CPR-PR/AED, First Aid and Water Safety courses as needed.
• Develop, communicate and maintain schedule of activities and events for the SPG pool.
• Manage and maintain pool and safety equipment for SPG pool and work with Assistant Director for Aquatics to ensure compliance with federal, state, county and city regulations for all aquatics facilities.
• Serve as activity supervisor, building supervisor, or manager on duty as needed.
• Assist with special event management as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director for Aquatics.