About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech, founded in 1872 as a land-grant institution, is currently ranked as a Top 25 Public University by US News & World Report and a Top 25 Public Research University by the National Science Foundation. Through a combination of its three missions of learning, discovery, and engagement, Virginia Tech continually strives to accomplish the charge of its motto: Ut Prosim (That I May Serve). As the Commonwealth's most comprehensive university and its leading research institution, Virginia Tech serves a diverse population of 30,000+ students and 8000+ faculty and staff from over 100 countries, and is engaged in research around the world. Invent the Future at Virginia Tech.
Reporting to the OCC Planning Supervisor, the Building Condition Assessor, assess the condition of facilities and their associated systems such as the exterior envelope, roof, electrical system, HVAC/mechanical systems, plumbing systems, and interior fit and finishes using a specified format to accurately record these findings, and to enter these results into a pre-programmed database. Maintains building equipment inventory in Enterprise system, and receives and directs calls for service to appropriate shops within Facilities Operations.
- Considerable experience in construction, institutional maintenance, or a related field.
- Experience in at least one major trades area or engineering discipline.
- Experience with data entry and/or pre-programmed data systems.
- Experience such as receiving and relaying customer service requests.
- Experience estimating needed repairs.
- Must be able to interpret and use information on blueprints and equipment records.
- Experience in multiple trade areas.
- Trades or assessment experience in a large commercial or educational setting.
- Experience with AutoCad and/or ArcGIS software.
- Experience working with various facilities' systems such as computerized maintenance management system and/or building automation system.
- Virginia journeyman’s licensure in HVAC, plumbing or electrical trade.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 05/03/2017